Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the grave...It is I, The NakedSnowman....coming to you live from Stockton, CA.

I recently received my 3rd fix it ticket on my beloved BRIGHT Kandy Tangerine Shark and thought I'd let you in on the latest installment of harassment by the local po-po.

No rear red reflector. Yes I haven't had 1 since '10 when I purchased it, and 4 other officers never once informed me of this damn law. But this guy evidently can use the force to see through the driver behind me while the cop was 2 lanes to the left and 20' in front of me. Yet pulled up next to me in the parking lot and said "I noticed you didn't have a rear reflector." Strange, you were in front and saw this? You're good, bro!

Here's my fix, I don't see the reason for my lower fender light since it hasn't worked in 4yrs. So I visited Autozone and bought a magnetic reflector for a trailer and peeled off the magnet to only have the reflector material left....Removed the light fixture and placed the material in it's place, snugged the TriBar back in place, then sliced the material along the bottom of each slot on the fender to allow the fixture to fit fully. Clean fit and a big middle finger to law enforcement.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well my lower fender light works, but like your thinking and with additional lighting I hope to add may incorporate your idea.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
My 2011 came from the factory without one? Down the road a few miles in Elk Grove, Ca I heard a few guys have been pulled over for it. Thanks for the info & fix.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What a douchebag that cop is..Get a life ya friggin lollipop licking zombie.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What a jerk. That's usually one of the first things I do is take off the reflectors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it the reflector... or the light for the plate.

In Canada you need a light over the plate and a red light to the rear at night. You need a white headlight during the day (unless the bike was built pre 1969).

In Canada... Police don't bother bikes much anymore unless the "stupid" sign is up :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts