Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I feel for you Jack, but what you are doing is a nobler cause. Caring for an aging parent 24/7 can't be easy. Not all of us will be that fortunate in our twilight years.

You have to pick your times to get away and refresh. Everyone needs a break from the daily routine.

Hang in there man!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
If I were planning a trip to the Sturgis area from your home, I would have to include the following stops:

• National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa, IA
  • The Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD
  • Spam Museum, Austin, MN
  • Harold Warp's Pioneer Village, Minden, NE
  • Chimney Rock National Historic Site, Bayard, NE
  • Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and Historic Site, Lawson, MO
  • Abraham Lincoln Home National Historic Site, Springfield, IL
That could create an interesting route.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I feel for you Jack, but what you are doing is a nobler cause. Caring for an aging parent 24/7 can't be easy. Not all of us will be that fortunate in our twilight years.

You have to pick your times to get away and refresh. Everyone needs a break from the daily routine.

Hang in there man!
Sorry Jack, I was unaware that you were caring for a parent. My wife is doing the same thing: works all week and takes care of her mother from Friday night to Monday morning. I know what you're going through.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hang in there man!
If I were planning a trip to the Sturgis area from your home, I would have to include the following stops:

• National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa, IA
  • The Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD
  • Spam Museum, Austin, MN
  • Harold Warp's Pioneer Village, Minden, NE
  • Chimney Rock National Historic Site, Bayard, NE
  • Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and Historic Site, Lawson, MO
  • Abraham Lincoln Home National Historic Site, Springfield, IL
That could create an interesting route.
Thanks David for the encouragement AND the new trip idea! @geo8866:no apology necessary sir but thank you; Kudos to your wife (&you) also. I know it takes away from personal time together, so I commend you both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts