Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did the DIY Monroe Air ride. It works great for what I wanted BUT, as my luck has it, there was a plastic push pin (for lack of better word) that was protruding from the left side cover holding wired secure, that is near the belt and made contact while lowered or raised and stripped the damn belt down. It will need to be replaced.

What tools will I need to perform this? I think that I have to remove, the mufflers, both shocks, rear swing arm, primary cover, clutch pack and whatever else is in the way to get to the belt (PIA/poor design IMO)

I need to get this done by this Wednesday for a trip we are taking on Friday so if I have a heads up on specialty tools that I need it would be greatly appreciated because I can try to order them.

Wife is spoiled and let me know she will not ride the Night Rod on this trip because she likes the "Couch" (Road Glide) too much:p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? I am not looking for sizes of tools as I have plenty at my disposal, I'm just looking for any "specialty" tools. I think that if I remove the front pulley, (should I decide to do a 30T) I will need a deeper socket but not sure about tools to remove the clutch/basket.

Okay, back to my search!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Locking bar, and sockets big enough for the clutch basket and compensator bolts. A 1/2" drive torque wrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts