Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 is acting kinda funny as of late. Of the line, it pulls like a horse. Once I reach any kind of speed...say 40 of 50 km/hr..a I hammer it, the bike is good till about 3000rpm. It the shoots up to about 5000rpm without really pulling (almost like slipping)...once it hits about 5000rpm, I can feel the bike start to pull again...

It does this in 3 thru 6th and seems to be worse when warm???

It is specially noticeable in 6th at highway speed...say around 100km/hr. If I gun it to pass or merge lanes...it revs up hard without really going any faster. Like I stated, around 5000rpm I can feel the bike start to pick up speed.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Ok, First, I can't remember if your bike is clutch cable or hydraulic clutch. Either way, first if you haven't adjusted the clutch rod, that needs to be done first. It's inside the clutch inspection cover on the primary. If it has been doing this very long, I would drain the primary oil, remove the clutch plates and inspect for plates glazing. I suspect if this has been going on very long, you will need to replace. Then while you are in there, go ahead and get the Screaming Eagle diaphragm spring to upgrade and give you more clutch spring pressure. Let us know how the adjusting of the clutch works first. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow!!!!!..... Adjusted the clutch. What a difference. Oil looked clean. Thinking I'll change out the plates at the end of this year.

Thank you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts