Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some opinions please, I have a factory harness installed on my 15rgs. for the Harley headset to use with my half helmet. What method is best for talking to my passenger? should I just scrap the Harley headset and buy Bluetooth ones?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just wanted some opinions please, I have a factory harness installed on my 15rgs. for the Harley headset to use with my half helmet. What method is best for talking to my passenger? should I just scrap the Harley headset and buy Bluetooth ones?

Thanks in advance.

I to would appreciate any input by others as far as bluetooth headsets are concerned. I typically ride alone and am taking my 14 year old son on a cross country trip this summer (7,000 miles). I'm in the market for a bluetooth system but have no experience with them. Looking forward to reading what others have to say.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We use the harley setup, I like it because there is nothing to charge also I use the cb allot with the guys I ride with
Thanks but where do you plug into for the passenger?
and I don't think my 2015 rgs has a CB option?
sorry I might be sounding dumb but this is my first touring bike.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks but where do you plug into for the passenger?
and I don't think my 2015 rgs has a CB option?
sorry I might be sounding dumb but this is my first touring bike.
I'm in the same boat. I bought a '15 RGS in April and it is my first bike with a fairing, radio, etc. I didn't think I would ever use the intercom and we don't usually wear helmets. Now that we are plotting some longer rides through helmet states and I am considering adding in the intercom function for use when we are wearing the helmets.

So, I'm looking forward to some detailed responses and advice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
HD setup

I use the HD setup. It is clear, and don't have to worry about battery charge.
HD makes a bracket that attaches on the rear fender for holding passenger plug in and includes a press to talk switch for cb com

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I use the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth headsets, we both have Bell Revolver helmets that we wear on long rides, and helmet states, and the Sena's work great, they are clear, and user friendly, it did take a little time at first to figure out pairing both together to one phone so we could both stream the same music, but after the learning curve they are awesome, I would definitely purchase these again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use both for different reasons. Long trips with the wife I definietly prefer our Sena SM5-FM bluetooth sets. You can do more with the bluetooth setup. You can talk to each other, Listen to different music, and make phone calls if needed while riding. My sons and I took a two week trip to Sturgis and with my I phone i was even able to face time with my wife while riding, that was pretty cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts