Road Glide banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a turn signal/running light/ aux driving light combination that will attach on the fairing using the existing turn signal mounting holes.

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
You can also check Custom Dynamics and Chrome Glow, white while riding, amber when signaling.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can also check Custom Dynamics and Chrome Glow, white while riding, amber when signaling.
I recently added custom dynamics "ringz" leds in my front turns. They glow super bright white when driving and chaneg to amber when signal is in use. They dont light up the road like headlights or fog lights, but they are more visibile to oncoming traffic that is foresure. If you add daymakers you wont need to put any more light on the ground for your own visibility.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,014 Posts
I have the Harley Davidson Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lights along with the Daymaker Headlights and I do a lot of night time riding and the road is lit up like it's day time.
I tried the Daymaker Fog Lights without the Daymaker headlight in and they are very bright indeed.
If you decide to go this route make sure you check with Our Very Own, PCPaiN, Jon Horton
He's the Parts manager at Horny Toad HD in Temple TX and takes very good care of All Members Of Our Great Forum.
Jon can be reached at (254)743-7200
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
bill fyi marc has the kury ones
I also have the Kuryakyn Turn/Driving Lights. I installed them 3 years ago. They come with 35 watt Halogen bulbs. The lights are great in fog. They light the road in front of the bike, but they don't reach far down the road. I installed Custom Dynamics LED Turn signals in them last year. They made the signals more visible. I just bought the Kuryakyn LED replacement lights. Still need to see how they work now.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Bill I have the Kury ones with the LED bulbs. They are more of a foglight than a driving light. The Daymakers put then to shame.

I keep them mainly for extra lights so the cagers to see me.

The custom dynamics conversion is on the list for this winter

*EDIT* My opinion is I would take the money for driving lights and put them towards daymakers first. You wont be disapponted

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have and would highly recommend the HID headlight system from SoCal Moto, which has been available previously to forum members through a group buy at a great price. I think it was about $150.00. I did a comparison with a friend who has the daymakers and mine were brighter! These lights are AWESOME! For a fraction of the cost of the daymakers you can't go wrong in my opinion and my only regret was not having made the changeover sooner. Great customer service too. JMHO

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have and would highly recommend the HID headlight system from SoCal Moto, which has been available previously to forum members through a group buy at a great price. I think it was about $150.00. I did a comparison with a friend who has the daymakers and mine were brighter! These lights are AWESOME! For a fraction of the cost of the daymakers you can't go wrong in my opinion and my only regret was not having made the changeover sooner. Great customer service too. JMHO
XRing,

I was just looking at these online tonight..They do look good. They are out of stock at the moment but say they will be available shortly. 200 compared to 700 sounds like a good deal, even if they are not as good.

I may have to try this

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
XRing,

I was just looking at these online tonight..They do look good. They are out of stock at the moment but say they will be available shortly. 200 compared to 700 sounds like a good deal, even if they are not as good.

I may have to try this
bill, all you have to do is look at my bike and marc's bike and there is your comparison, I am happy enough with the HID's that I won't spend the money on the daymakers. And you know me I'm a cheap SOB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.