Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some sweet driving lights on another RG, they looked like stock turn signals when off. When on they were BRIGHT driving lights and when turn signal was activated, they blinked amber. Point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Harold

·
Registered
745 Posts
My blinkers do exactly what you are talking about. They came on my bike from the factory. It's a CVO bike though. You should be able to buy the same setup from Moco.

Scratch that, my mistake. Mine are amber when on but they are LED blinkers. You want the Custom Dynamics...

·
Registered
745 Posts
The reason I thought mine were like that is because of a video I made. I used a GoPro camera and it looks like my blinkers and tail lights are flashing in the video, which they aren't doing. The blinkers look white in the video. Somehow the camera sees something you can't see with just your eyes.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Saw some sweet driving lights on another RG, they looked like stock turn signals when off. When on they were BRIGHT driving lights and when turn signal was activated, they blinked amber. Point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Harold
these are the ones i run, they are white and switch to yellow when flashing, they are an 1157 direct replacement bulb, nothing else needed, plug in and go, i did have to enlarge the plastic reflector inside with a drimmel just a touch but i like the extra visibility they give me, they are very bright when seen head on and lets cages see my bike from a distance

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/1157-3157-7443-Plasma-Switchback-LED-Bulbs-p/20-31x-plasma.htm.

·
Registered
745 Posts
these are the ones i run, they are white and switch to yellow when flashing, they are an 1157 direct replacement bulb, nothing else needed, plug in and go, i did have to enlarge the plastic reflector inside with a drimmel just a touch but i like the extra visibility they give me, they are very bright when seen head on and lets cages see my bike from a distance

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/1157-3157-7443-Plasma-Switchback-LED-Bulbs-p/20-31x-plasma.htm.
There's your answer..Ta-Da!

·
Registered
745 Posts

Did you use the Hyper Flash Bypass 50W Resistors too?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
How do they do on hard sweeping curves? In Arkansas on those switch backs I would lose visibility. My horizontal light became vertical when the bike was laid over in those hard curves. Needless to say night riding sucked in the mountains.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How do they do on hard sweeping curves? In Arkansas on those switch backs I would lose visibility. My horizontal light became vertical when the bike was laid over in those hard curves. Needless to say night riding sucked in the mountains.
I bought the Fog Lamp Mount Kit to avoid that very problem (as I ride lots of mountain twisties here in northern Arizona)! They sit up high, close to the turn signal lights. Take a look at the link to the MoCo site and you'll see three pictures that are representative of how mine are mounted. Mrs. RoadSpud was actually very happy with the setup because of the increased visibility on the bike. I caught no flack whatsoever for this purchase!

By the way, many years ago when I first courted Mrs. RoadSpud, she lived in Fayetteville, Arkansas and I have fond memories of riding the pig trail between Fayetteville and Eureka Springs!

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/daymaker-reflector-led-fog-lamps

·
Registered
172 Posts
I must agree that the Harley lights are very expensive especially as you have to buy the brackets in addition.

I have a set of "extreme lights" a locally made product cost +/- $100 including a handlebar switch.

Very bright at 2000 lumens but a bit too bright at night.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Did you use the Hyper Flash Bypass 50W Resistors too?
no resistor needed for these bulbs, when i went with the custom dynamic rear flashers i had to install one, but these are 1157 direct replacement so no resistor is needed.

Reactions: Snowback and Cadman

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The 15 and up rg no need for load equalizer because of the canbus system.

Reactions: Cadman

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I run the CD inserts front and back. I'm installing aftermarket LED lights for the crash bar for night riding, turns in particular. I find that you can get lots of capability and flexibility for a fraction of the MoCo cost. Which is true about just everything on these bikes anymore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts