Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know where to start except to say this group of fellow shark nose riders is a community I truly cherish and count as real friends.
Unfortunately, I believe I'll be coming to Tejas in a Toyota Tundra as this is how the motorcycle gods are toying with me this year.
I've got 2 bikes in the garage and both are good to go, but I've got 2 passengers and without a sidecar, it just ain't happening. Raccoon Eyes has been helping me look and I was going to get a new one with my tax money, but as Hogwild knows I'm deep in the middle of a divorce, more on that later (it's a really good fire pit story).
So, I've got the room, I've got my boys and I guess we are going on vacation to Shark Week without a bike, but I don't want to miss it.
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated as always.
I have considered putting the bike in the bed of the truck, but I could only ride the boys, 13 & 11, one at a time, while I'm there, so I'm at a loss.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wish I was going, I would let one of your boys ride with me while we where their. Sorry to hear about the D.:(

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Well, I don't know where to start except to say this group of fellow shark nose riders is a community I truly cherish and count as real friends.
..snip..snip
I have considered putting the bike in the bed of the truck, but I could only ride the boys, 13 & 11, one at a time, while I'm there, so I'm at a loss.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hell Yeah bring the bike. More than enough solo rider's around to have one of your boys 2up with them. Just be sure they have appropriate gear (the full package, helmet, gloves jackets and good shoes/boots). I sure wish I had the chance to meet your boys. But I'm sure someone going to SWV in the SWFamily will enjoy having a young co-pilot (future biker) on board his shark!
Good luck to you man.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I agree with DreamRider, I'll even volunteer for one of the days. I'm sure others will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I'm with the others, Dean, you know this gang would buddy up to give the little dogs a ride. I'd have no problem at all being one of the caddies if I can manage a seat swap with someone. Dude, you HAVE to ride! Who's gonna smoke all those cigars?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
With all the volunteers to take your boys (me included provided the better half's bike is finished by then :eek:) it looks to me like the problem is solved! Love this group :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can't imagine heading to a motorcycle event without the motorcycle. I think that you'd kick yourself if you didn't bring it. Even if you trailered it down and didn't go on any rides you would at least have the option.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Sorry to hear bout the divorce Dean. More than makes my day to know you still plan to make SW. BRING YOUR BOYS man!! They will love it and never forget it. I would love to be your wingman for at least one day with one of your Boys. I picked up a TP for this trip so one of them can sit back and relax :D. Like others have said I'm sure it'll work itself out. Besides with what's going on it'll be good therapy for the Boys.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Bring your boys, bring their gear, bring yourself AND bring your bike. Your RG family has ya covered.

Hell Yeah bring the bike. More than enough solo rider's around to have one of your boys 2up with them. Just be sure they have appropriate gear (the full package, helmet, gloves jackets and good shoes/boots). I sure wish I had the chance to meet your boys. But I'm sure someone going to SWV in the SWFamily will enjoy having a young co-pilot (future biker) on board his shark!
Good luck to you man.
What the hell does this mean, Peter????? :( :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Just gotta say how awesome this forum is. I'm not gonna make SW even though it's down in my old stomping grounds this year. What with work and other commitments, (Sturgis), it just ain't happening. But I will say, your folks stepp
ing up to help a brother with his boys during this time is incredible. Has anyone reached out to his wife? I know it's his business, but families are what made this country great and we can't just let life get in the way anymore. We should be fighting for every marriage. It ain't easy but it is worth it!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ride or drive... just show up! Hell someone I know will only have 1 headlight this year!!!

You are one brave man.......you, of all people, have to know the pure hell you'll be put through if you show up on a batwing.

Dean, just get your ass and the boys there, all the rest will fall into place.

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
We've got your back Dean. Bring those boys it will be a trip they will talk about the rest of their lives. I guarantee it. They will have fun and learn more about the good side of human kind and brotherhood than anywhere else in their lives.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
853 Posts
You guys ROCK....and the boys will think YOU rock for doin' it for them! GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
There is no reason not to come Dean. Load your bike in the truck and bring your boys. The RG family has you covered no matter the circumstance. You just need to figure out which kid you want to farm out!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Glad to hear your still going to make it Dean. It was a pleasure to meet you last year and talk to you at SWIV. I think the best thing you need right now is some time in the saddle. Always helps me clear my head. Have you thought about riding to Texas and Flying the boys in? It may be almost the same price with a truck rental/hotels and fuel.

Once I'm unloaded at the hotel, I'll ride to any airport you need to help you pick the boys up. Just make sure their bag fits in my tour pak.:D Just a different thought. And maybe someone might let you use a rental car thats coming for a airport run. Lot's of wives flying in I believe. Whatever it takes Man.. We got you.

Don't want to speak for the Hosts of Shark Week.. But maybe they could earn some cash washing bikes. I'll pay good money even if they want to spray just my front wheel down and call it good. Would give a lot of us a chance to meet them. And have them feel involved.

Plus, Many of us want to know that your Road Glide can make it to Texas without breaking down this year.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts