Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.
Just curious.
I have had a conveesation today with a german friend of mine.
When you will drop a bike with an engine guard, while the engine is running.
Can something happen to the engine itself, even though it runs smoothly afterwards?
No it did not happen to me ;)
Just curious, i would say no. What do you say?

Thank you

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dumped my bike on gravel a few weeks ago. It died when it went over and a tilt message appeared in the odometer. Cycling the ignition switch solved the issue and it fired right back up. Went for another 300 miles that day.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've dropped my 15 three times. All three at a virtual stop. I hit the kill switch, stood it up, and went on my way. No codes. No issues.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unless the throttle goes wide open and you don't get it shut down before it starves for oil. Happened to a friend's Gold Wing.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It's called the bank angle sensor. exceed the preset limits and the ignition is disabled.
right the bike, reset the ignition switch - good to go.

Reactions: rider17 and RGKen

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Dumped my bike on gravel a few weeks ago. It died when it went over and a tilt message appeared in the odometer. Cycling the ignition switch solved the issue and it fired right back up. Went for another 300 miles that day.
Did you actually see the word "tilt" on your odometer when it went over?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, I can testify to it. I was rear-ended (at about 10mph) by another bike at Sturgis. My bike, an Ultra Ltd at the time, went over on its side enough for the fairing at the hand grips to get scuffed. The bike immediately shut off. I stood it up, cycled the switch, and it fired up. No issues after that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been having issues with the County on the maintenance of the dirt road (there is a grader in my yard at the moment broken down). As a result, I've gone down a couple of times recently. Mine's a 17, the engine cuts off and the hazard lights start flashing. To shut the hazards off, you need to upright the bike, cycle the ignition switch, then hit the hazard light switch. The lights will not shut off while the bike is down. Otherwise I haven't had any problems; get the bike up and ride off.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you actually see the word "tilt" on your odometer when it went over?
Yep, it went away as soon as the ignition was cycled. When I checked using my FP3 there were no readable codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes Sir..

My 08 went over when I realized the street drain I was crossing to leave the parking lot was lower then my legs... Popped it back up no issues no marks. :frown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts