Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hooks between the radio and the amp, now I have a four channel I also have the component speaker system. The Hertz Millie MLK 1650.3. I have a Biketronics BT4180 amp. The amp can you do paralleling so you can put 8 speakers. Now how do I separate the tweeters for channels 1 & 2 and the woofers for channels 3 & 4 like in pic attached. And also be able to do the same thing in the rear part in the lid’s component system separate tweeters separate woofer? So I’m able to run low pass I pass separating each one. Also and pick to which one of these from 2.0 to 4.0+ do I choose with a Biketronics amp In the stock 6.5 Harley stock radio on 2018 RGS.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
The paralleling of the amp will be putting out the same frequencies/signal to both sets of speakers involved. In order to do what you are showing from the DSR1, you will need to run each set of speakers on their own dedicated channel (8 channels). The amplifier is simply outputting the signal it receives from the DSR1. You would need one set of RCA inputs for your tweeters, and one set for your mid bass drivers. In order to install the speaker and amp combo you have, use the included crossovers from the speakers. Set your high pass in the DSR1 for you mid bass driver. High Pass means it will let the Frequency you've selected and above to pass. The crossover included with the speakers will separate out the signal for the tweeters. It is no where near the control you would have if you were running each channel separately thru their own dedicated inputs on an amplifier. I am unsure of what voltage input you should be using with this particular set up. I could not find an info on what the output signal voltage is from the Biketronics line converter.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Where are you mounting it? Does it fit in a cubby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mounting it below amp, behind headlight...

What do you recomend rather than it since cannot use crossovers that came with speakers.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It’s supposed to be great for flattening the signal and allowing you to eq. If I was in your shoes would just buy a different crossover that fits but keep the DS1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts