1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the single Hog Tunes 6x9 just so I wouldn't lose much space in the bags... However, I wish I had seen this place before I bought mine.... They will Mod your lids, so no paint required.....

http://www.baggerlids.com/
Did you call them to find that info out because their site doesn't have any info regarding custom services.

Dual 6x9...hmmm...possible option.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
516 Posts
Did you call them to find that info out because their site doesn't have any info regarding custom services.

Dual 6x9...hmmm...possible option.

It's a small little blurb on the front page...

Don't own a Harley? We offer custom lid solutions for nearly any bagger including Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda. Send us your OEM lids - we'll convert them to speaker lids and get them back to you in two weeks or less. Call for more information.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a small little blurb on the front page...

Don't own a Harley? We offer custom lid solutions for nearly any bagger including Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda. Send us your OEM lids - we'll convert them to speaker lids and get them back to you in two weeks or less. Call for more information.
I just called them and they said it would be $50 off the listed price on their site which isn't that great. Just fyi for others.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Just my opinion but all the dual 6.5 lids on the market look like crap. Single or double 6x9 lids are my vote

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I agree. "Most" of the 6x9 lids out retain the factory profile/appearance......I want the sound from them, not to make them a focal point of the bike, just my $.02

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Really like the duals. Another benefit would be lid protection. Looks like most of the lid is covered.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Dual 6.5's??? You ,...Ooooh ok, Lids!!! hehehe
Definatly,...Most Definatly, Dual 6x9's!
I've had the CycleSound 6x9 lids now for 3 years???,... and Dude, the Bass Rocks So Hard that the weld that holds the saddlebag latch together, it has about a 7 or 8 inch rod going thru it, Busted!!!hehehe I'm go n down the road, stop, and open the saddlebag,...I have to push that rod back in every time cause it about vibrates out,...and this is with the single 6x9's and 75 watts rms pushing each speaker!
Its Funny,...sitn in a dam parkn lot and playn the stereo for peeps, say,...the song Renegade by Styx comes on,...in the beginning, 'Oh Mama I'm in Fear of my Life From the Law' (hehe, or sumn like that) then the Bass Drum Kicks!!!
Bump-BumpBump-BumpBump! LOL!,.... Dudes that are listening Shit there Pants!hehehe
Point here is that the Dual 6x9's have gotta Freakn Crack Fiberglass!!??? hehehe
Good Luck w/ur Choice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Dual 6.5's??? You ,...Ooooh ok, Lids!!! hehehe
Definatly,...Most Definatly, Dual 6x9's!
I've had the CycleSound 6x9 lids now for 3 years???,... and Dude, the Bass Rocks So Hard that the weld that holds the saddlebag latch together, it has about a 7 or 8 inch rod going thru it, Busted!!!hehehe I'm go n down the road, stop, and open the saddlebag,...I have to push that rod back in every time cause it about vibrates out,...and this is with the single 6x9's and 75 watts rms pushing each speaker!
Its Funny,...sitn in a dam parkn lot and playn the stereo for peeps, say,...the song Renegade by Styx comes on,...in the beginning, 'Oh Mama I'm in Fear of my Life From the Law' (hehe, or sumn like that) then the Bass Drum Kicks!!!
Bump-BumpBump-BumpBump! LOL!,.... Dudes that are listening Shit there Pants!hehehe
Point here is that the Dual 6x9's have gotta Freakn Crack Fiberglass!!??? hehehe
Good Luck w/ur Choice.

What amp and speakers are you running?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
What amp and speakers are you running?
Good Ole Hawg Wired Baby!
Gotta PSC 3004 up front pushn my Fairing 4 speakers,...and a
PSC 1502 for the rear.
Got Pics in my profile.
H Donut got 126.4 db out of the system in Rabbit Hash Ky. a couple years ago.
Bet its more now, cause for some odd reason the system got a lil more Louder too me, more defined with highs??? ,..after I installed the Tweeter Grilles this year. Hooked them straight too my amp up front per Hawg Wired.
Basically it took my Highs where I wanted them, so I could tune a lil better tone wise for like Cymbal Crashes. There is definatly a difference!
Ooooh!
Speakers are the Hawg Wired 6.5 inch in the stock holes, cover w/the Tweeter Grilles,...
Rockford Fosgate Shallow Mount Coaxial (Power Series) in the cut holes up front,...and Polk Marine Grade 6x9's in the Bag Lids. db 691's??? I think. Whatever came w/the Lids. Nice Speaker, sounds Good!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
126.4db is about what mine runs, with a charged battery, and a good mix

my mods over the last couple years just cleaned up about the same output

yours was 133.4db tuned or something, those last few points being an positive anomaly, as 131db is usually about it, I recall yours at 128db, being all encompassing to the listener, over where I would run mine so that's why mine tops out about 126db

I usually street at about 114db

from being on this site, I do remember the V4, seemed like a good idea at the time, 196hp/143tq, yes dual 6x9's also seems like a good idea

heavy bass will curtail your charge, subs are aw-r-some, would want one and all, but a full heavy pop is just a good to me

go for it, and post pics

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Get some missile launchers like these
Wonder if those lids were just sat up on bags backwards? Looks like they would flip the other way so speakers were angled toward driver instead of out the back. Hmmm

·
Registered
516 Posts
126.4db is about what mine runs, with a charged battery, and a good mix

my mods over the last couple years just cleaned up about the same output

yours was 133.4db tuned or something, those last few points being an positive anomaly, as 131db is usually about it, I recall yours at 128db, being all encompassing to the listener, over where I would run mine so that's why mine tops out about 126db

I usually street at about 114db

from being on this site, I do remember the V4, seemed like a good idea at the time, 196hp/143tq, yes dual 6x9's also seems like a good idea

heavy bass will curtail your charge, subs are aw-r-some, would want one and all, but a full heavy pop is just a good to me

go for it, and post pics
I doubt I'll have those kids of numbers with my system... I'll be running a pair of MM651 up front and MM691's in the bags... Although I think I am going to run 2 Soundstream PN2.350D at 2ohms which will give 175x4 channels....

I'm already preparing to turn the gain down as not to fry the Polk Speakers...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts