Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I changed my bars out to tbars and now I have a death wobble if I ride with one hand. It's controlable....for the most part.

Looking at my tire the center of the tread is out further then the rest of the tire. Never seen this. It's a Dunlop D402F. When I look at it or run my hand down the center it feels like it's out further on the right side then left side etc.

Anyone have any issues like this????

Attachments

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Hello,
I changed my bars out to tbars and now I have a death wobble if I ride with one hand. It's controlable....for the most part.

Looking at my tire the center of the tread is out further then the rest of the tire. Never seen this. It's a Dunlop D402F. When I look at it or run my hand down the center it feels like it's out further on the right side then left side etc.

Anyone have any issues like this????
Looks like tire cupping. Usually caused by under inflation. You can add a few extra psi over oem recommended to help smooth out, but it needs replacing.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Yes it could. Did you have the wobble before the bar swap ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your tires are cupped pretty badly. Yes, cupping can cause wobble (not really wobble, more like oscillation). I had a worn front Michelin Commander II that started wobbling like you described. I had new tires installed and the problem went away.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
My Dunflop, along with many others in the pile at the tire shop, cupped pretty badly. Theyre very sensitive about tire pressures. But im sure it will happen with recommended tire pressures too. That will definitely cause ill handling. Just experienced that recently myself. Switched to Avons and they handle incredibly better in comparison. Ive been hearing alot about the Michelin Comm IIs as well being the "go to" tire.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My Dunflop, along with many others in the pile at the tire shop, cupped pretty badly. Theyre very sensitive about tire pressures. But im sure it will happen with recommended tire pressures too. That will definitely cause ill handling. Just experienced that recently myself. Switched to Avons and they handle incredibly better in comparison. Ive been hearing alot about the Michelin Comm IIs as well being the "go to" tire.
On my '12 Ultra snugged up the head bearings and went to the Michelin Commander IIs and life was good.:smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts