Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
700 miles on new Elite 3 on both ends. 180/55-R18 and 130/70-R18 on Redd Sledd. Handles great in rain or on dry roads. Had some tail wobble that I've never had happen before but was pushing 90 in some sweeping turns today on the super slab between Chattanooga and Selma, AL. Will keep posting as the miles pile up. Also using ceramic beads off of amazon for balance.

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
love my Elite on the rear , close to 13000 and no signs of wear ..

how long you gonna be here ?

Heck ya hadda pass thru Prattville going to Selma , probly even passed my house depending on which exit you got off .

JtB

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just got my American Elite Generations that the replacement for the 2-3 as told to me buy the Indy. Had Ride-On put in them. Handling is fair, but I knew that there was like a 300mi break in.
BTW my rear brake pads were way down to nothing. I was asked if I used my rear brake a lot which I do and was told to use more front.
Also my stocker had a nail in the rear! Never lost air and had 18k on them. Told I could have gotten another 2-3K mi if I wanted to.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Zemo,

Where did you find the 180/55 R18 American elite? They are not listed on the Dunlop website. In Radial or Bias. Was told by Dunlop that the 180/55 B18 American Elite wasn't coming out till the end of the year. Had to settle for the HD series tire again.

Funny how Dunlop has had a 180/55/B18 since 2010 in the Harley tire but not in the American Elite.

·
Registered
2012 FLTRXSE
332 Posts
Zemo,

Where did you find the 180/55 R18 American elite? They are not listed on the Dunlop website. In Radial or Bias. Was told by Dunlop that the 180/55 B18 American Elite wasn't coming out till the end of the year. Had to settle for the HD series tire again.

Funny how Dunlop has had a 180/55/B18 since 2010 in the Harley tire but not in the American Elite.
I have the same question and I talked to them today and was told best case scenario was end of this year

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sorry for the misinformation just thought I got what I ordered. Turns out the tire is an Elite size stated with 63H after the size on tire.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
ZEMO , I live in Brandenburg Where did you get your tires?
Best place in these parts to get them is the Motorcycle Superstore outlet in Louisville for the convenience if nuthin' else. Their prices ain't bad either. Look it up online and if it says it ships the same day it comes out of the Louisville warehouse, if it says it ships next day it comes out of their west coast warehouse. If Louisville has them you should get them the next day in Brandenburg, if you're in a hurry you can ride to Louisville and pick them up.

If you've never been to the store you should check it out sometime when you're out riding, it's pretty handy especially when you're buying motor clothes or helmets because you can try them on before you buy. They also have a big selection of close out helmets and outer wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts