Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in ABQ next weekend, the 13th-17th, going to split town after hitting sandia peak and head up to Durango area to run the 550/145 loop, hopefully a bit more if my schedule permits.

Any of y'all gonna be out there?

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1378563748.141751.jpg

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was thet last weekend. Did the Duarngo-Silverton train ride and rode the million dollar highway (scariest rode I've ever been on). You're gonna have a blast!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Enjoy Gary... 550 is an absolute blast, as are many roads in Colorado! Abq sucks... spend less time there if possible.

·
Registered
138 Posts
try rudy's country store and bar-b-q

2 locations in albuquerque . one of the best briskets and ribs i have had in my travels. they also have a full menu of other smoked items and beer. we ate at the one at 2321 carlisle, n.e. and stayed at the motel 6 next door . that one is right off of i-40 . the other one is at 10136 coors rd n.w. , well worth the trip. good luck on your travels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have done that loop several times it is a great ride. If you have time stop in Ouray and rent a jeep and go up over Imogene Pass. Quite a trip but you could never make it on a bike (maybe a dirt bike).

Also take a ride to the top of Mesa Verde.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did the 145/550 loop from Cortez on the way back from SWIII. And from Durango to Pagosa Springs and over Wolf Creek Pass (listening to CW McCall) What a great ride - will do it again from the other direction someday.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well heaving rain heading north outta ABQ so ran for the sunny spot in Arizona. Wound up at the Museum Club in Flagstaff. Headed to Sedona and Jerome in the morning.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Arizona folks have it good. Had a nice cruise through Sedona and a few cold ones at the Spirit Room in Jerome. Layover in Prescott.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1379201688.451021.jpg

·
Registered
633 Posts
durango&albuquerque

check roads in your ride area for flood damage,enjoy.did the monarch pass&wolf creek in july,sweet--diesel5

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I want to go through Durango towards Denver later this week, heading from the West coast through Vegas and The Grand Canyon. Is the rain / flooding affecting the 550 hwy?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after my awesome little jaunt through eastern Arizona I'm on the way to Durango finally. In Bloomfield chowing down on a Papa Burger at Sonya's at the moment.

Here's a couple of Arizona pics.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1379542512.956447.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1379542546.853935.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HeatWave;1011754Is the rain / flooding affecting the 550 hwy?[/QUOTE said:
Well all reports I got earlier in the week sounded good for highways 550, 62 and 145.

Now that I'm here it's wait and see. A isolated but heavy rain hit Durango just as I arrived this afternoon. The southbound lane of 550 is flooded a half mile north if town, due to a couple of small mud slides. The west side of the Iron House Inn parking lot is flooded. However, the road should be cleared by morning and sunshine is forecast for the rest of the week.

If your headed this way, call Maureen at the Caboose Motel for road conditions, as her husband Rob works for the DOT and will have a road report in the morning. Their rooms ain't bad either and seem to be the most reasonably priced in town.

So yeah, I think it'll be fine. Beside if you don't ride here soon winter is just around the corner. Looks like a good weekend for it with a little luck.

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok other than that mess last night that ended up flooding out a buddy's ultra classic the weather and roads in SW CO are great. Check Colorado DOT website for latest road conditions though and watch for rocks. Great ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts