Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at organizing a ride around Memorial day weekend up to Durango, Ouray, Teluride then back to Durango - is that late enough in the season to reasonably expect the snow to be gone?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Should be good. Too bad I leave before the ride since I definitely would like to make it. Good luck. Quite a bit of CO folks here.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Are the roads that way bike rideable by memorial day?? I was in that area first weekof july of 05, stayed at the KOA north of Ouray, then rode south to durango and down to Albequerque. There was snow on the sides of the road leaving Ouray, colder than hell in the morning, 105* that afternoon in Alb.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
364 Posts
It's Colorado, so you never know. I've seen it cold and snowing on Memorial Day, but for the most part it's usualy sunny and warm. I would think you would be safe to plan a trip then.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Durango CO

It is a crap shoot! Have plan "B" just in case. Roads should be clear but watch out for snow melt running across the road and sand. Snow pack is still low this year but most of it comes in March - April in that area. Should be nice but plan for cold mornings and beautiful contrast. As JM sang...keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.....

Ride safe and enjoy! Give plenty of time to stop in town and enjoy the local brew pubs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That's a great ride! I've done it in 34 deg and raining in Sept! Should be cleared off by then, but who knows?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Should be good. Just plan for cold mornings.

As a note, Red River Bike Rally is on that weekend in that region. I'm riding out to Iowa to meet my brother, then we are headed for Red River from there.
Ya know, I've never been to that rally and I only live about 3-4hrs. away! The enchanted circle is a must ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts