Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives? Out of all of the bikes I’ve owned over the years. New and old. I cant keep the dust off of this paint, its like its statically charged. Even my California duster just pushes the dust around and wont lift it. I’m fearing the god awful swirl marks from the dust scratching it. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What do you have on the paint, protection wise? Wax, sealant?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I thought it was just me. Only bike/car/truck I’ve ever had that collects the dust like this, and if you try to wipe it off with a spray of any kind it will scratch the black. I gotta use a fine water rinse then wipe it down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s been only hand washed with meguiars wash and wax a coupe times, the yellow stuff. And slick mist a few times

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Wax is a dust magnet. Sealant or a coating will help the dust issue.

Owning a black vehicle is having another job.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Reactions: flhman

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dam. I was hoping we could have gotten another thread going without that stuff being mentioned

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Ive used Rejex before to decent results. Keeps stuff from building up on it. It's used on boats and planes to prevent build up.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Rejex is a nice sealant.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
If you have vivid black, give up keeping it clean or give up riding it.
Ceramic coatings make a huge difference. Its never going to be as easy as white or silver, but coatings make it easier for sure.
Mine is vivid black and everything else on it is also.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
The Wolfgang Sealant that I used has made it very easy to keep clean, so far.

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Wolfgang DGPS is one of if not the best sealant out. Great product

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
174 Posts
What I always used on my black show car was Zaino #6 Gloss Enhancer. It makes the shine really deep but the real magic was that it was a static reducer. After you’ve polished a car you create a static charge that just attracts dust. This removed that charge and kept the dust down. Probably get the same thing wiping the car down with a bounce dryer sheet ;-).

That dryer sheet was meant as a joke, but that would be an interesting experiment. Wipe one side down with a dryer sheet after cleaning it and see what that does.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Mike Phillips wrote about this somewhere on Autogeek, static. Ill see if I can find it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts