Road Glide banner

Dust control!!!

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
What gives? Out of all of the bikes I’ve owned over the years. New and old. I cant keep the dust off of this paint, its like its statically charged. Even my California duster just pushes the dust around and wont lift it. I’m fearing the god awful swirl marks from the dust scratching it. Anyone else have this issue?

#7 ·
Reactions: flhman
#16 ·
Ceramic coatings make a huge difference. Its never going to be as easy as white or silver, but coatings make it easier for sure.
Mine is vivid black and everything else on it is also.

#19 ·
What I always used on my black show car was Zaino #6 Gloss Enhancer. It makes the shine really deep but the real magic was that it was a static reducer. After you’ve polished a car you create a static charge that just attracts dust. This removed that charge and kept the dust down. Probably get the same thing wiping the car down with a bounce dryer sheet ;-).

That dryer sheet was meant as a joke, but that would be an interesting experiment. Wipe one side down with a dryer sheet after cleaning it and see what that does.

#22 ·
Mike Phillips wrote about this somewhere on Autogeek, static. Ill see if I can find it
Very interesting article. One thing to note from that. Because our bike’s painted surfaces are not metal and not conductive, they don’t naturally shed their charge. Hence we see more static build up and dust collection that folks with metal cars.

I’m back to a little spray detailer and a microfiber cloth to wipe off the dust.

#21 ·
Here you go:

Reactions: jstucker1976
#23 ·
Well we still have the tank and fenders that are metal, not real much though. He has a lot of great articles on his site.
He worked for Meguiers before he went to Autogeek, PBMG, and then whoever owns it now

Reactions: Zedbra
#24 ·
I just put some Cruzarmor on my Vivid Black RGS, its an acrylic type of self healing wrap to protect your paint. I had them wrap my entire faring, front fender, the top and sides of my tank and I put one of the DIY kits on my forks and top of my bags where I keep hitting them with my boots. It really looks good and you won't see any swirls in the paint. Check it out cruzarmor.com. The owner is Todd Round supper nice guy and has a lot of install videos for the DIY kits. I am going to wrap everything I can on my bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.