Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to install a hawg wired cs300 amp and zx speakers. I also have some Covington contrast grills for it. My question is do I have to use the stock dust covers ? The reason I ask is the speakers are red and I think would look really cool if it could be seen under the Covington grills. Anyone have any experiences good or bad with not using the dust covers ?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I removed the dust covers and have never had a problem, if you have a good looking speaker it lets them show, and if you play the music they shouldn't collect too much dust anyway... :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, just an opinion, no, the dust cover is more than a "dust cover", it also acts as a water barrier, ..... each to his own as far as removing them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, just an opinion, no, the dust cover is more than a "dust cover", it also acts as a water barrier, ..... each to his own as far as removing them :rolleyes:
How is a cloth like material I can see right through a water barrier ? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
How is a cloth like material I can see right through a water barrier ? :confused:
It can't. I don't spray water directly at the speaker when I wash my bike I cover the grill with a folded up micro fibre cloth. I'm also NOT a fair weater rider cause I wouldn't get much riding in if I was. I've been in some downpours and never had an issue with my Hawg Wired speakers even the ones in the TP Pods.

P.S. After a while those plastic grills that come stock get brittle and break easy. The grill cloth may be the only thing that keeps them together.

·
Registered
248 Posts
fine then uncover them, but that is part of the DUST covers duty.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts