Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I had them on my Wide Glide and they worked great. I run RideOn in both my bikes now. It balances and prevents flats.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I had them on my Wide Glide and they worked great. I run RideOn in both my bikes now. It balances and prevents flats.
How long have you been using it? Any complaints?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I swear by them....as far as a "Static Balance" I shred the Dragon.....never had any problem. I put two ounces in the front and three in the rear. Absolutely SILK!!!

Here's a demo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

·
Registered
853 Posts
Dyna beads are re-usable too BTW.....little bit of a pain with 90 degree valve stems and not spilling them when you break the beads (I have a buddy that has a sweet tire machine so I have him do the swap) As far as getting them out of the tire an old spray paint can lid will squeeze in there and get the beads out.
With the 90 degree valve stems you have to put the tire on, seat the beads, then break the bead and insert a tube into the tire and get the beads in that way. The "Installation Kit" Dyna Beads works great for this. But if you can get a small squeeze bottle with a nylon or tygon tube to insert in there you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've used them for years and recommend them to customers when I change tires. A little trick I learned is to put one bead on the rim, stand the tire up and pour the beads into the tire, lay it back down and finish mounting. I never loose any beads and it saves a ton of time fooling with the little bottle.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've used them for years and recommend them to customers when I change tires. A little trick I learned is to put one bead on the rim, stand the tire up and pour the beads into the tire, lay it back down and finish mounting. I never loose any beads and it saves a ton of time fooling with the little bottle.
This is the same way I get the beads in. I also have been running the same beads for 60K miles. I just use a cleaned out oil bottle with the bottom cut off. Just shove it in the dismounted tire and roll the tire until the beads run into the "cup".

I have not had any issues with using the beads, they are in both my RG and the wife's Heritage.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I have them in my new front wheel set up from Coastal Moto. It's the first time I have run them, and don't have any complaints.

Rowdy

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my only issue with the ride on system is the cost , $45 for three eight ounce bottles everytime you change tires out

In over forty years and nearly two million miles I can count on two fingers how manys nails I have picked up , and neither one left me stranded

that said I do have a mini compressor , CO2 compressor and a plug kit on the bike

JtB

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
thats the pulley , the beads are in the tire rolling around

JtB
I was wondering about that hole, in the rear wheel under the pulley dampener, has a plug, even tire free, my stock wheel seemed heavier on one side, but seemingly made that way for a reason.

wondering if what ever is in that cavity is causing it, or has anything to do with overall balancing, also noticed a variant in the casting inside the wheel also, opposite the hole CCW 120 degrees. felt like a strong off 2-3oz.

visually I checked the wheel for warping, cracking, any variation, it was just something internal.

does harley put dyna beads in that cavity?

·
Registered
853 Posts
The way the Dyna Beads work is (and I know it sounds like Snake Oil...but it's Physics) is they will automatically align themselves to the lightest area of the ENTIRE WHEEL.

Just as surely as there is centrepetal force, they will go where the lightest part of the entire wheel is. If you were to change the balance by putting a heavy weight on the wheel they will nearly instantly change position to counter that extra weight.

If you imagine swinging a rope in the air, and magically the Dyna Beads could follow the exact arc of the rope, they would go to the opposite side of the arc.

I put an extra ounce in both wheels this last tire change and that seems to have made the balance EXTREMELY smooth. Theoretically you can't really put too many beads inside the tire...within reason don't go filling the tire up thinking you'll never have to use air again!!!! I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!! But if there is a point where let's say, you're tire is balanced with 1 oz. the excess beads will just simply align themselves equally around the rest of the perimeter of the tire.
You can say all you want about...."They didn't work for my set up".....until they change physics.....that's BS.

This system of balancing is used in the most critical balancing situations that Military/Science Engineering has.....so.....Oh, and if you've ever noticed the sound like rattling inside an older hard drive....you got it....BEADS!!!

$45 to balance wheels every time you change tires!!!!???? Are you kidding me???
CHOKE!!! What did PT Barnum say?????

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah PT said it alright

i aint arguing the fizziks , that I understand , but yeah the ride on would be $45 every time both tires are changed

JtB

1 - 20 of 38 Posts