Where did ya find that stuff?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep I think foam enclosures and Dyna mat are in my future

·
Registered
505 Posts
My J&M speaker kit came with something similar I installed it in the same areas as shown. It did make a difference in the sound especially in the bass, mine didn't have the foil backing like the one shown.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got it at Best buy, you might find it cheaper online the 4 sq foot roll will
leave a little left over because of the shape you'll have some odd
leftovers LOL

I cut it in two sections for each side to eliminate a fold to
roll over at the edge, you need a roller to flatten it out.

the 4 sq foot is $29 a roll.

They do have a smaller about 2 sq foot roll that you could put
a smaller square right behind the speaker and it might work for $19

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made a big difference. Sound comes out better

Also put in 6.5 adapters which required some drilling on speakers to align holes and a little trimming on cycle adapters and stock mount had to have a little dremel work on one mount point to shave it down

Polk db651s shallow speakers blow j$m away with stock head unit

After bike week I will put amp in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wher you planning to mount the amp at? The moco puts it under the tour pak rack, i don't like it there, but not sure there is room for one inside the fairing, depending on amp size?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put a post up here hoping someone with the JM amp would post the
dimensions of the brackets they use for the under faring mount.

It's pretty simple, I dropped by FBI booth and they were happy to let
me see them, basically a 1/2 inch stock bent, attaches to the side of the radio
with the two screws, bends around back to the speaker

Second mount is same stock that is attached to the bottom left bolt under radio
on inner faring mount (left as you look at bike from front) and twist bent.

I'm just going to make my own

Aluminum stock at Home depot is $5 for a 3 foot piece more than enough..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Coated the entire inner fairing with Dynamat and installed Dynasorb pads on outer fairing, behind speakers and it made a HUGE difference in my Hogtunes setup! The sound is night and day. Highly recommend this mod to anybody looking for better sound with less rattle, vibration, distortion etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Coated the entire inner fairing with Dynamat and installed Dynasorb pads on outer fairing, behind speakers and it made a HUGE difference in my Hogtunes setup! The sound is night and day. Highly recommend this mod to anybody looking for better sound with less rattle, vibration, distortion etc.
Cleanerider what make u use Dynasorb on the outer fairing? Getting ready to install Dynamat on mine any was going to install it on outer. Not sure on the inner. Guess I'm not even sure of the difference between Dynamat and Dynasorb.

Has any one done just the outer and heard the sound difference then did the inner and had an even greater improvement? I want to do this once and do it right the first time. Don't want to take the outer failing off any more than I have to.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think most people are doing the Dynamat on the outer fairing and having decent results, but after doing some research, talking to people and going with Dynamat install suggestions, it seemed like the Dynamat would be more beneficial on the inner. The Dynasorb rubber pads are also made by Dynamat and go on the outer fairing, directly behind the speakers and help absorb/reflect distortion etc. I can't say if this is the absolute best way of insulating the sharknose, but it seems to be working well for me and goes with the recommendations of the products I used.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think most people are doing the Dynamat on the outer fairing and having decent results, but after doing some research, talking to people and going with Dynamat install suggestions, it seemed like the Dynamat would be more beneficial on the inner. The Dynasorb rubber pads are also made by Dynamat and go on the outer fairing, directly behind the speakers and help absorb/reflect distortion etc. I can't say if this is the absolute best way of insulating the sharknose, but it seems to be working well for me and goes with the recommendations of the products I used.
Appreciate the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts