Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious whether the weather impacts performance after a Dyno tune. I had the bike tuned with an stage 1 upgrade in November. Used all HD parts and tuner because of EPA settlement. I think the bike is running rougher now that the outside temp and humidity are different. Do I have to go in for another $500 tune to make the bike run smoother? I do not want to buy an after market tuner because of warranty concerns. Any thoughts or suggestions? Bike shakes more at stop lights and just sounds rougher. (Of course, that may not be a bad thing:wink: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Probably the EITMS is enabled. It shuts down the rear cylinder at idle when it's hot. You can deactivate it from the HU.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I already checked that. Was not on.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
check with your dyno tuner, my guy does all adjustments for free

Free? You must have a serious Dyno tech that has confidence in his work.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
check with your dyno tuner, my guy does all adjustments for free
This. What was the temp when he tuned it? I know where I had mine done they won't do it under 70 degrees. And they do follow ups for free if the tune is not correct. And that's at a Harley Dealership.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60 degrees and 20% humidity

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
60 degrees and 20% humidity
Actually at that temp and humidity, that would be ideal for tuning. SAE corrections would be minimal and should be spot on if the tuner really tuned it and didn't just do a canned download. If it's a Harley dyno, and Harley approved parts, would bet it's just a download and that is why you are having problems. Just a hunch.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I had the Harley epa approved tuner. It is pretty much worthless. They are charging for dyno tunes and really can not make adjustments needed to make the bike run optimized. I put a Power Vision and down loaded a Fuel Moto map and it runs 20 times better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts