Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
New bike break in to make sure all seals and gaskets are good. At least 500 miles before twisting it hard or down shifting. Then ride it like you stole it. Glide on!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes there is such a thing. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Once it is broke in on the dyno and tuned properly, ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I had my other bike built and was dyno broke in. I was then told to ride the heel out of it. Also read the attached article talks all about dyno breakin's.

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
A dyno break in is a controlled process of heat cycles and progressive loading of the engine and yes it is very effective. With today"s piston designs, nitride ring packs and a properly honed cylinder there is even less reason to consider doing extreme so called beak in procedures as described in that article.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A dyno break in is a controlled process of heat cycles and progressive loading of the engine and yes it is very effective. With today"s piston designs, nitride ring packs and a properly honed cylinder there is even less reason to consider doing extreme so called beak in procedures as described in that article.

Right on.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts