Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
View attachment 6069

2011 RGU. 103. V&H Power Duals & Hi-Output slip on, SE Tuner & Air Breather.
The excat same set up I have on my 2012. I am at 750 miles. Will be getting my dyno when i go in for the 1K mile service. I guess i can expect somethiong very close.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mines on the dyno today..weather suks (cold and raining) so won't be heading out...waiting on the call from dealer that its done.. Rineharts, SERT, and Stage 1...cams this winter if budget allows.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
that looks low on HP and TQ. I just got dyno on my 96 ci at 87 HP and 100.6 TQ. Maybe the difference is the D&D FatCat 2-1.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 into 1 will do better. I wanted to keep my dual mufflers. As you know there are dozens of setups to choose from. I am happy with the torque. Over the Winter months I will change out the cams and throw it on the dyno again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
View attachment 6069

2011 RGU. 103. V&H Power Duals & Hi-Output slip on, SE Tuner & Air Breather.
I wonder how much this has to do with the guy that does the tune cause I have the exact same stuff on my 2012 and my numbers were 75 hp & 88 torque.

Not happy!

W

·
0 Posts
I wonder how much this has to do with the guy that does the tune cause I have the exact same stuff on my 2012 and my numbers were 75 hp & 88 torque.

Not happy!
Tuners can definitely have a lot to do with it. Also take into account temp, humidity the amount of pulls that your tuner does to get it dialed in. Add to it that each bike is a little different. Some times the next years bike doesn't perform as well, sometimes it the other way.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You have to remember all dynos do not necessarily read the same. Your 88/75 might read 95/82 on another dyno. I just had mine done and this what I got but on another dnyo it could be less or it could be more. a few years ago 3 of us took our bikes to Portland (latus motors) to be dyned as they had a great rep. Before going we all got a base dyno here and we all got considerably better numbers on the Latus's dyno compared to what we got at home. Mu bike at the time made about 94 ft/lbs at home and 102 ft/lbs in portland. one of the others was 117 t\ft/lbs here and 120 ft/lbs in Portland and both dynos are 250i's.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=12367

·
Registered
331 Posts
The numbers for my 2009 Road Glide. At the time it had PowerCommander and Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 and about 2500 miles.

NEW_015.drf: 87.10 °F 29.95 in-Hg Humidity: 22 % SAE: 0.99 Average Gear Ratio: 56.46

RPM x1000 hp ft-lbs Air/Fuel
MAX: 6.20 75.46 85.92 13.67
MIN: 1.90 26.03 36.63 12.50

Not all that impressive but better than the stock 67 hp.

Since then I've added V&H Dresser Duals and American Custom Bombers (midrange baffles). Having it done again today and will post new numbers as soon as available.

My goal is to have it smooth, reliable, relatively quiet (about a 5 on a scale of 1-10 where 1= stock and 10 = no mufflers at all), good power in the 2000-3500 range for pulling two-up going up 7%+ grades (can you say Grapevine?), and stay at about 43-48 mpg hwy. In town I know it will bite me with mpgs so not too worried about that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here are my numbers with the SE A/C, SERT, V&H HO slip ons & V&H Power Duals. I'm not real happy with those numbers.

Andrews 37h Cams coming soon and will post results.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Otherwise stock 2010 Harley Road Glide Custom.

1. Cobra Power Flow air cleaner
2. Full Sac X-pipe
3. CFR mufflers (Duals)
4. S&S 551CE cam
5. TTS Mastertune

Attachments

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Here are my numbers with the SE A/C, SERT, V&H HO slip ons & V&H Power Duals. I'm not real happy with those numbers.

Andrews 37h Cams coming soon and will post results.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
is this 96" or 103"? remember they are only numbers and might be a stingy dyno it might be a 4th or 5th gear run which shows lower then 6th etc.

·
Registered
197 Posts
is this 96" or 103"? remember they are only numbers and might be a stingy dyno it might be a 4th or 5th gear run which shows lower then 6th etc.
This is a 103. Yeah, I know it's all relative to the guy doing the Dyno, but I cant help but feel somewhat frustrated. We'll see, the 37h's are being installed by a different HD dealer so I'll have a differnt guy doing the dyno.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Otherwise stock 2010 Harley Road Glide Custom.

1. Cobra Power Flow air cleaner
2. Full Sac X-pipe
3. CFR mufflers (Duals)
4. S&S 551CE cam
5. TTS Mastertune
Pretty darn good numbers!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I would have liked the peak to have been shifted lower and have the torque more broad. The tuner suggested swapping out the CFRs for my other mufflers and see if that has any affect (assuming the others are more restrictive) so in a few weeks when I bring it back for new rims and tires he is going to do a run with different mufflers and see the effect. I love the CFRs though, look great and the sound is awesome so unless there is a big difference I'll be putting the CFRs back on.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Goin in for the Andrews 37H install and new dyno this Thursday. I'll post up the results.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok. Got my new Dyno results after the install of the Andrews 37H cams. Good jump from the previous with just the AC, Pipes and SERT but not what had hoped for. I was hoping to break 105 on Tq and for a few more horses. I think next I'll make an adjustment to exhaust and possibly go with true duals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ok. Got my new Dyno results after the install of the Andrews 37H cams. Good jump from the previous with just the AC, Pipes and SERT but not what had hoped for. I was hoping to break 105 on Tq and for a few more horses. I think next I'll make an adjustment to exhaust and possibly go with true duels.
Do you know what gear they ran it in? if it was in 4th or even 5th you might get your numbers in a 6th gear run. also that does was run number 1 so it does not look like it really was tuned so a tune will get you there. If it was not tuned just a canned map I would bet dollars to donuts you get over 100 tq and low to mid 90's hp.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts