Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Hester back today after the Direct Link programming and Dyno tuning. It;s a stock 96 with D&D pipes and a Big Sucker A/C install. The numbers aren't outrageous, but she runs clean and COOL! Very Happy with the results.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hmmm I thought the stock 96 was 72hp, sure feels like it. It's amazing when you hear people who tell you they had a stage 1 put on and are getting 90hp+ and 100ftlbs out of it...LOL Delusional.

KTM, do you notice a change in power? if so how much would you say.. I like the stock 96's get up off the line and if anything would not want that to suffer just to get more top end.
I will eventually do a stage 1 but it's way down my list right now.. anyone know the true dyno #'s of a stocker with stock exhaust and ecm?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm I thought the stock 96 was 72hp, sure feels like it. It's amazing when you hear people who tell you they had a stage 1 put on and are getting 90hp+ and 100ftlbs out of it...LOL Delusional.

KTM, do you notice a change in power? if so how much would you say.. I like the stock 96's get up off the line and if anything would not want that to suffer just to get more top end.
I will eventually do a stage 1 but it's way down my list right now.. anyone know the true dyno #'s of a stocker with stock exhaust and ecm?
I was never told, nor expected to get massive HP increases from a simple stage 1 upgrade. I wanted to ditch the cats and have an exhaust note that could actually be heard by clueless cagers when I cracked the throttle to get their attention.

The seat-of-the-pants power increase is definitely there. I feel it more on the bottom end than I do at the top. It might be the sound of the D&Ds adding to the "feel" of the power.

I'm very happy with the power, look, and sound of the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts