Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, just bought a 2011 RGU. Bike came with an SE filter and slip one with stock header. I have so far put on a V&H propipe and am replacing the paper SE filter with a K&N. I also added an enforcer front wheel, looks much better. The bike has an orange screamin eagle tuner with it, and it had a tune of some kind for the breather and slip ons. My last bike had the tc88 and stage 1 with a dyno tune, and really ran great. This bike runs fine, but I would really like to get it on the dyno to dial it in. I called one of the local harley shops and he basically said "no one dynos now, everyone just runs the auto tuners". So I came here to ask a couple questions:

1. Does anyone recommend a tuner in the area of Southeast PA, NJ, DE, or MD, I am close to philly so within an hour or 2, that does dyno tuning, especially dealing with the SE tuner.
2. Should I even bother down this road, or just go to fuel moto and buy the powervision get a canned tune and run auto tune.
2a. Looks like there are a couple add ons to the powervision, the bike has O2s already, are any of them worth it?
3. I am probably going to throw a cam in the bike over the winter and/or get some head work. I am looking for power, but I also like to run longer trips, a couple hundred miles a day, so nothing crazy. Wanted to see what has worked well for others in the past and I want to make sure that whatever route I go now, I am not pissing money away on a new tuner or using an old tuner if I am just going to have to upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the help, hope this wasn't too much for one post. Adding a pic of the bike.

20200602_140019.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, it looks awesome.
It seems odd that the guy would tell you they don't recommend a dyno? I know lots of people love their power vision but you can do an auto tune with your SE tuner. You just need to down load the program onto a computer and buy the required cables to hook it up which I believe you can get for under $100. I would try that first before getting a different tuner. But your best and probably easiest route is to find a good Dyno guy in your area. I am sure someone on here will be able to recommend a guy for you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Keep in mind I’ve never been here but hear Dave is one of the best HD tuners on the east coast.

J D's Cycle Works
6146 Sullivan Trail, Nazareth, PA 18064
(610) 297-0321

With that said, I have a 103 with Andrews 57H cams, the D&D 2-1, and a dyno tune from a very reputable tuner over here in WA, and it is a completely different bike. I ran canned tunes for a long time but the cam and dyno really woke it up. Anyone telling you that a dyno isn’t worth it doesn’t know shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum, just bought a 2011 RGU. Bike came with an SE filter and slip one with stock header. I have so far put on a V&H propipe and am replacing the paper SE filter with a K&N. I also added an enforcer front wheel, looks much better. The bike has an orange screamin eagle tuner with it, and it had a tune of some kind for the breather and slip ons. My last bike had the tc88 and stage 1 with a dyno tune, and really ran great. This bike runs fine, but I would really like to get it on the dyno to dial it in. I called one of the local harley shops and he basically said "no one dynos now, everyone just runs the auto tuners". So I came here to ask a couple questions:

1. Does anyone recommend a tuner in the area of Southeast PA, NJ, DE, or MD, I am close to philly so within an hour or 2, that does dyno tuning, especially dealing with the SE tuner.
2. Should I even bother down this road, or just go to fuel moto and buy the powervision get a canned tune and run auto tune.
2a. Looks like there are a couple add ons to the powervision, the bike has O2s already, are any of them worth it?
3. I am probably going to throw a cam in the bike over the winter and/or get some head work. I am looking for power, but I also like to run longer trips, a couple hundred miles a day, so nothing crazy. Wanted to see what has worked well for others in the past and I want to make sure that whatever route I go now, I am not pissing money away on a new tuner or using an old tuner if I am just going to have to upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the help, hope this wasn't too much for one post. Adding a pic of the bike.

View attachment 414511
Depending on your bank ,it might be wise to wait until you do the cams and head work before taking it to a tuner because they aren't cheap . Your tune on a stage 1 tune will be worthless after cams $ head work.
  1. The Power vision has three auto tunes available. One that's built-in the Power vision tuner and uses the oem O2 sensors 12 mm narrow band. The add-on auto tuners for the Power vision will require your head pipe to have 18 mm bunges for the larger O2 sensors, wide band (included in the kit). Pro & Target.
Like said above, there is no substitute for a good dyno tune ,but I'd find the dyno tech first before buying any new tuner and see what he works with. I've read some techs insist on using a tts only and others like Dynojet. Imo , I'd want the one they recomend.

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks guys I will give Barb's a call and I'll check out the place in Nazareth as well. Punishher, good to hear about your setup, I am sure this motor has a lot more in it than what I am getting, I will look into that cam.

I may wait till after I do the cams to do the dyno. But if the Dyno tune is say $200-300 it might be worth it on the stage 1 for the rest of the season, I know it sure did make a difference with the last bike and the stage one

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep in mind I’ve never been here but hear Dave is one of the best HD tuners on the east coast.

J D's Cycle Works
6146 Sullivan Trail, Nazareth, PA 18064
(610) 297-0321

With that said, I have a 103 with Andrews 57H cams, the D&D 2-1, and a dyno tune from a very reputable tuner over here in WA, and it is a completely different bike. I ran canned tunes for a long time but the cam and dyno really woke it up. Anyone telling you that a dyno isn’t worth it doesn’t know shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Dave and can personally say he’s a great guy to work with and knows what he’s doing.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Awesome, thanks guys I will give Barb's a call and I'll check out the place in Nazareth as well. Punishher, good to hear about your setup, I am sure this motor has a lot more in it than what I am getting, I will look into that cam.

I may wait till after I do the cams to do the dyno. But if the Dyno tune is say $200-300 it might be worth it on the stage 1 for the rest of the season, I know it sure did make a difference with the last bike and the stage one
I'd think closer to the $300-$400 range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts