Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Map for a 2013 with ness big sucker and mgs true duals.

I have a dyno map but still have a pop around 2nd and 3rd and pinging on hard acceleration.

Let me know what you have.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
60 Posts
Doesnt get much easier to tune a Power Commander and True Duals. A good tune is worth the money and effort to find the guy capable. If you got a bad tune on a dyno with a PC, thats not good. Is it possible you just got a bad (low octane) tank of fuel?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If you want a base map send me an email we have something close to those that might help you out.
MGS are stepped duals.
Which mufflers are you running?
send me email @ [email protected]

Looking for a Map for a 2013 with ness big sucker and mgs true duals.

I have a dyno map but still have a pop around 2nd and 3rd and pinging on hard acceleration.

Let me know what you have.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can you not take it back to whomever performed the dyno tune for some corrections?
Shop is 2 hrs away. Just dont have the time.

Doesnt get much easier to tune a Power Commander and True Duals. A good tune is worth the money and effort to find the guy capable. If you got a bad tune on a dyno with a PC, thats not good. Is it possible you just got a bad (low octane) tank of fuel?
I've had this tune almost a year, and had a pop right after. But last few months seems worse and pinging. No sure if its just because it's a lot hotter here, but when the tune was done it was July or august and In PHX which is hotter then Tucson.

Just wish I understood maps and I'd play around with it myself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
60 Posts
Shop is 2 hrs away. Just dont have the time.

I've had this tune almost a year, and had a pop right after. But last few months seems worse and pinging. No sure if its just because it's a lot hotter here, but when the tune was done it was July or august and In PHX which is hotter then Tucson.

Just wish I understood maps and I'd play around with it myself.

So is the symptom you're describing with the "pop" when you shift, it's making the pop out the exhaust as soon as you some the throttle and grab the next gear? Are you changing elevation considerably while riding or from the elevation the bike was tuned at to the elevation you typically ride?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So is the symptom you're describing with the "pop" when you shift, it's making the pop out the exhaust as soon as you some the throttle and grab the next gear? Are you changing elevation considerably while riding or from the elevation the bike was tuned at to the elevation you typically ride?
Yah exhaust is popping 1-2, 2-3 gears. Elevation hasn't changed. Had dyno in Phoenix and I live in Tucson. I remember still having a pop after dyno, but don't remember the pinging until a few months ago when it started getting hot... Like I said pinging only seems like its happening on hard acceleration.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Sounds like it may need retuned but if you add some fuel to the closed throttle area cells where the pop is in terms of rpm pop occurs, it may remedy the pop. If it's pinging on roll ons and you want to try something cheap other than paying for a new tune, you might try a new set of stock plug wires and plugs. Gap the plugs at about .036" gap and see if that helps. If it doesn't, you could try a colder plug gapped on the small side again. Until it's on a competent dyno operators dyno, it's hard to say. It could need more fuel on the accelerator enrichment table, it could need less timing somewhere or it could be both. You do have the O2 sensor eliminators installed that come with the power commander I assume?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like it may need retuned but if you add some fuel to the closed throttle area cells where the pop is in terms of rpm pop occurs, it may remedy the pop. If it's pinging on roll ons and you want to try something cheap other than paying for a new tune, you might try a new set of stock plug wires and plugs. Gap the plugs at about .036" gap and see if that helps. If it doesn't, you could try a colder plug gapped on the small side again. Until it's on a competent dyno operators dyno, it's hard to say. It could need more fuel on the accelerator enrichment table, it could need less timing somewhere or it could be both. You do have the O2 sensor eliminators installed that come with the power commander I assume?
Yes I do have the eliminators installed. Thanks for the info. Frank also sent me a map to try. I'll have to call the shop again too.. Problem is they're a very reputable shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts