Road Glide banner

DYNOJET POWERVISION reviews

18K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  mmfinn 
#1 ·
Anyone using this and what are your thoughts? Do you have to keep the powervision hooked up at all times ?

#2 ·
Yes I use one I had it for some time now
Yes I keep it hooked up most of the time, does not need to be hooked up , because I use some of the other tools it has .
I like it, it works I wish it was water proof.

#3 ·
a lot of folks use it. yes, it is a great device. there are a few places to get one, but, if you get it from fuelmoto, they will give you lifetime map support, load it with a map to fit your configuration, and double the mfg warranty.

no, you do not have to leave it hooked up. only if you are doing autotune runs, or you want to monitor something (gauge packages are user configurable)

#4 ·
I should be beaten. For not mentioning Fuel Moto Is the place to buy one.
Better support than from the manufacturer. You get maps from Fuel moto better than the canned maps.
Last Fuel Moto is just a darn great place to spend your cash.
Skratch thank you for bring that up.

#5 ·
#1. No, it does not HAVE to stay hooked up, you can simply load the baseline map and run it as is. OR, you can do some of your own self(auto) tuning, load up the results and take it off, OR you can simply leave it on and take advantage of it's full functionality. Gauges, fuel economy calcs, extra trip meters, limited live tuning, data recording etc.
If you have the desire and time to learn it's features there's a lot of built in usefulness.

2. It does work very well. Again, you get out of it what you put in. Every bike/engine combination is slightly different. You can call up FuelMoto, tell them what you are running and they will send you a map that will likely be very close, however in most cases running a few autotune runs on that tune will further tailor it to your bike and riding style.

#6 ·
I have mine on all the time. After your tune is dialed in, there are lots of other things to view. Like Smitty, I wish they were water proof. I carry a zip lock baggie with me.

Attachments

#7 ·
You and I came up with the same idea. I have found if it gets wet and touch screen fails to work you can stick it in a bag of rice and it will come back.
I have been known to ride in some nasty rain.

#8 ·
You can get a multiple tune license also. I bought a power vision for the '13 fugly. Then I bought another license for our 09 softail. Then the buddies wanted to tune with it. We now have a total of 6 bikes tuned with the one tuner

#9 · (Edited)
I hooked mine up once to flash the pre-filled tune from Fuel Moto. It's been sitting on the shelf ever since. My bike runs great with the pre-filled tune so I see no need in messing with it.

Great product and X2 on Fuel Motor. Great customer service.

#10 ·
I'm wondering if it could be waterproofed with some clear silicone?

#11 ·
The power Vision has so many more tools to use built in it is more than a tuner.
For those that wish it will display the grear you are in. Fuel mileage current and over time.
In different formats to fit your taste. Display head temps in real time ect

#13 ·
I leave mine on the bike, like others have said its nice to see and check things out if you want. I also carry a baggie just in case. I bought mine from Fuel Moto, came with the map I needed for what I was running. Ran really good . Then Tdkkart shared his maps with me. We run the same set up. Thanks again Tdkkart for that . The bike runs great. Ride safe all.

#14 ·
WaterProof?

As many have said/do, I keep mine connected all the time.
I wish I had not read this because I thought mine was waterproof!
We just got back from 10 days on BRParkway, Ch. Skyway, Dragon, etc. and it rained every day... never removed my PV.
Last summer we spent 10 days in BC and hit 3 days of rain, two days of serious downpour... PV worked before, during, and after just as if it were/is waterproof.
Hmmm, I didn't know. Now I'm gonna worry! NOT...

Ride with it connected, there are just so many useful info/data streams that are interesting to observe or track.
YMMV...

#17 ·
Last summer we spent 10 days in BC and hit 3 days of rain, two days of serious downpour... PV worked before, during, and after just as if it were/is waterproof.
Hmmm, I didn't know. Now I'm gonna worry! NOT...

Been caught in rain many times with no malfunctions. It is weather "resistant", meaning don't drop it in a puddle. But, it is behind the fairing, so as long as you keep rolling, it should be fine. Just cover or remove it when you stop, like I did with my helmet on a recent trip.

#15 ·
Definitely leaning this direction on the 124, S&S provides a map with my setup and I can email the map to S&S to have them "tweak" it for the Baker DD7 (so cruise & sixth gear indicator light will work). Currently running PCV & Autotune, the AutoTune will work with the PowerVision.

#20 · (Edited)
This is a flash Tuner so you don't have to keep it hooked up. I downloaded the map from S&S, emailed it to Dynojet for the Baker DD7 tweak, loaded into the PV, and installed map into my ecm.

I now have a silky smooth running 124 with cruise in all of the higher gears, and the 6th gear light works in 7th on the baker.

Unplugged the PV and will play with it later when I get all the components for the AT pro home.

I went this route since I know that S&S developed this map with the same exhaust on their dyno. No backfiring, no flat spots, and important to me ~ my bike did not sit on a dyno for four hours or more to get there.

May not be the best option for everyone but was kind of a no brainer to me.

Would I rather spend the money on the PV that I can fine tune over time, then pay a dyno guy and hope for the best....

#21 ·
I am another satisfied PV and Fuelmoto customer. Bike runs much much better. Ran it without hardwiring it for awhile, then I got the iron aces mount and mounted it. I set it up to tell me what gear its in and temps and stuff. I havent used the basic remap feature yet. Buy the powervision from fuelmoto and the mount from iron aces. Both are awesome.

#22 ·
Yet another satisfied Power Vision user.

Also got mine from Fuel Moto, like many here, also got the rest of my Stage 1 from them. The canned mapped provided by Fuel Moto worked excellent and happy with the performance level.

I also keep my PV mounted full-time using a Iron Aces mount. I have it setup to read Head Temp and Gear Indicator real-time. Also like the fact that I can check error codes in the event they pop-up. I think it's a great litle gizmo, especially for a home-mech/tinker.

As for Iron Aces, another great company to deal with. Nice product and getting a hand-written personalized note from the owner thanking me for the purchase, a week after I got the package....come on, who does that nowadays!!!! Things like that will keep me coming back.

#23 ·
So now I have had the AT Pro on the bike for a few days. Executed a few "dyno runs" (on backroads of course) just to check the Canned S&S 124 map. There are some tweaks and I'm sure that is due to a few things. TB & the temps in Sunny FL. However the changes are relatively small. To me the real winner is getting to reel it in quickly with a good solid base map, and having the real time afr's, map kpa, and temps in my face as long as I care to look at them. I also like the fact that if I do have an 02 sensor go out, the at or pv module the map in the ecm is spot on. I would recommend it, even for a novice. Not overly difficult and FuelMoto Support, or DynoJet support can quickly answer any questions.

#24 ·
I just got a PV today from Fuel Moto. I don't have much to compare it to (was previously using the SEPST), but overall, the bike is now a lot more aggressive when I want it to be, and just as mild mannered as it ever was.

After I flashed the ECM with the SEPST, I could certainly feel a difference. Now, however, after Fuel Moto's map, I can feel a REAL difference.

Definitely runs better and sounds better. After my Iron Aces mount gets here, I plan to auto tune a bit, just to see what I can get out of it.

#25 ·
Got my PV about a week ago. Love the functionality. Was also able to trade in my micro tuner for a credit which made the price even better. Fuel Moto is the only company I would get one from. Now if I can just get the dealer to fix my engine light coming on and the cruise light flashing. When that happens no throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.