Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I already sold my used full face helmet when I bought my HD Electra Glide and I'm now using a half face helmet. Can you recommend something that I can use as hearing protection? Maybe something that is discreet and not too colorful like some over-the-counter foamies.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
107 Posts
3M sells a 3 pack orange latex on a teather I have used these for years radio and talk no issue you can hear fine, better no wind noise no lifter tick I have a pro pipe so it really makes a dif keeps the cold air out of your gord as well 5.$

·
Registered
470 Posts
I found some from a company called Earpeace. They have 3 different filters to interchange according to how much volume you want. Supposedly, musicians wear these, because you can still hear the music. I dropped the $20 on them, because WTH, if it helps save what hearing I have left,it's worth it. I have to admit, I like 'em. It cuts the wind noise but I can hear the radio clearly, not muffled.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I use the cheap ones. But the size large or universal fit are too tight and hurt. I have to find size medium. FYI

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If I have a need for earplugs (which I do not wear riding), I am only comfortable with my custom moulded plugs. I have one set that is vented that enable some sound to enter, then another set that I had made extra thick and I use those at the gun range. I can wear them with comfort for hours, easy to clean, and they last years.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey there!

I already sold my used full face helmet when I bought my HD Electra Glide and I'm now using a half face helmet. Can you recommend something that I can use as hearing protection? Maybe something that is discreet and not too colorful like some over-the-counter foamies.

Thank you in advance!
I use this style because they are easy to put in and remove with the little "stick" on the end.

Hope this helps!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
WHAT?

these stand out, but, hey, they're a great conversation starter.
and you can actually hear people talking.
been using them at work for years.
a disposable product in a disposable society.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/3M-1100-Foam-Plugs-200-Pair/dp/B008MVYL7C?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B008MVYL7C[/ame]

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had a set of custom molded ones as well. Lost one on a trip, so don't have those anymore. Now I have those silicon ones that have the different size rings on em. Work good for me. Thought they are bright orange which you are trying to stay away from.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
I use Decibullz Custom Molded Earplugs and ride with them all the time.
I have no problem hearing My Tunes with them and they do a great job blocking wind noise.
I would think that any ear plug, you use while riding, would be an asset to saving your hearing.
Mike U.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I for sure second the opinion on Earpeace. I ride with a full face (modular) and always put these on if I am riding any sort of distance. On a long trip from Kansas to Arkansas, the difference it makes by the time I reach the destination is remarkable. I’m not practically deaf with swollen ear canals at the end of the day. I still communicate on CB without any issue, in a way it makes it easier to hear, as it mellows out the otherwise piercing sounds. Easy to insert, easy to remove. Really knocks down that echoing wind noise inside of a helmet. All I hear is engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go to a local audiologist and have a pair molded to your ear canal. They can come in just about any color combination. You will thank yourself in the long run by saving your hearing!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I found some from a company called Earpeace. They have 3 different filters to interchange according to how much volume you want. Supposedly, musicians wear these, because you can still hear the music. I dropped the $20 on them, because WTH, if it helps save what hearing I have left,it's worth it. I have to admit, I like 'em. It cuts the wind noise but I can hear the radio clearly, not muffled.
I recently switched to these as well. They actually have ones designed for motorsports. They come with 3 plugs (in case you lose one you have a spare). Each plug has 3 different "plugs" 2 with different sized holes and 1 with no hole so you can customize how much sound gets attenuated. These are probably the best plugs I've ever used, and I even tried the Flare Audio Isolate (which were a hybrid foam on a aluminum stem "that reduces noise levels but still allows you to hear details in sound through bone conduction").

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3M sells a 3 pack orange latex on a teather I have used these for years radio and talk no issue you can hear fine, better no wind noise no lifter tick I have a pro pipe so it really makes a dif keeps the cold air out of your gord as well 5.$
Hmmm. I think those are pretty good considering the price and how well you said it works. Gonna list this one down and gonna google them later. Thanks Vinnie!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I heard of them but always forget what they're called. I think I'll list this one down too. Thanks hoosierboarder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use the cheap ones. But the size large or universal fit are too tight and hurt. I have to find size medium. FYI

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I tried them before. I even got a pair for kids but there's always some discomfort. I guess I have a weird angled ear canal that makes using them hurt a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I have a need for earplugs (which I do not wear riding), I am only comfortable with my custom moulded plugs. I have one set that is vented that enable some sound to enter, then another set that I had made extra thick and I use those at the gun range. I can wear them with comfort for hours, easy to clean, and they last years.
I actually saw something like this on Youtube.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts