Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to setup an Alphabet Soup Run for Eastern Missouri sometime in June. This will be a run from St. Charles, up to Hannibal (maybe Quincy) and back. The run north will be on, mostly, some of Missouri's supplemental highways, which are lettered rather than numbered. They go thru some of the finest riding you can find along the Mississippi River. The way back will be down the Illinois side on 96, to 100, to the Great River Road from Grafton to Alton.

Lunch will be either in Hannibal or Quincy. I know of a spot in Quincy where BigDoug1130 and I had lunch after he handed off the flag to me. Looking to find someplace in Hannibal that might be as good. If anybody knows of a good spot in Hannibal, speak up, that will save at least an hour on the ride. We probably will end up at Fast Eddies in Alton at the end of the ride.

Date is still up in the air, but I am thinking of a Saturday in June. The only one I have already booked is the 22nd for a Moonshine Burger Run, so any other one will be available. Still coordinating with a few folks to set the date.

Meeting place will be at St. Charles Harley-Davidson in (doh!) St. Charles, MO. I plan on leaving at 9:00 am.

Watch this space for a date.

I know some folks were all bumfuzzled by Missouri's Alphabet Soup highways on the run to Devil's Elbow. This run oughta really confuse the hell out of those folks :D

Edit to add the date:

Run is scheduled for September 7th

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would be interested in this run. I wanted to join you on the Devil's Elbow run but the wife already had something planned on that day. There are some great roads in that area. The GPS helps in finding your way along the county lettered roads. Just wondering, how many Hwy A's, V's and T's are there in the state. These seem to be in every county.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Food Update...

Stop for Lunch at Fiddlestiks in Hannibal. Then head across the river and return South towards Alton and Fast Eddie's Bon Air

Still have not decided on a date, but the options are the 8th, 15th or 29th of June. The 13th or 20th of July are possible, but that is getting close to departure time for Shark Week. I suppose August is possible as well. The Mississippi should be back inside it's banks by then :eek:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I will stay tuned for further updates. Question for you - Who is and when is the moonshine burger run? As you know I live in Illinois and have visited the Moonshine Store but I hadn't seen that someone had a trip planned for that. I would definitely be interested in that as well.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will stay tuned for further updates. Question for you - Who is and when is the moonshine burger run? As you know I live in Illinois and have visited the Moonshine Store but I hadn't seen that someone had a trip planned for that. I would definitely be interested in that as well.
The Moonshine Run I referenced is the one our local HOG Chapter does every year... well, we did one last year and everyone loved it, so we are doing it again this year.:rolleyes:

Some folks ride out Friday and spend the night in Effingham (who ate my effing ham???), and do who knows what Friday night. Others, like me, leave early in the morning on Saturday, meet the folks at Legacy HD and go from there. Last year we ran with the HOG Chapter from Legacy. Not sure what we are doing this year. Depends on what Dr. Death, the organizer, decides (he runs a Funeral Home, and ride a Harley). We'll be there on the 22nd. Not sure what time, but you know it will be before 12:30, when they shut down the grills.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question for anybody.

Would it be better to pick a date later in the year, after Shark Week?
Or just pick a weekend in June?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I am going to set a preliminary date for this as September 7th.

Hopefully, that will give more people time to plan.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Food Update #2...

Changing the lunch stop. Buddy who is an Apprentice Road Captain in the HOG Chapter is planning an overnight run. Part of his training exercise is to plan 4 routes and find however many eateries he can find. Being the resourceful individual he is, he contacted the Convention and Visitors Bureau.

We now know that The Sauced Hog (We Dine on Swine) has the recommendation of the CVB employees, as well as official endorsement. We also know that the address on the Web Site will be obsolete by the time we get there, as they are moving. New address will be 108 Steamboat Bend Plaza, Hannibal MO.

This is now the Missouri Alphabet Soup and BBQ Run :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Food Update #2...

Changing the lunch stop. Buddy who is an Apprentice Road Captain in the HOG Chapter is planning an overnight run. Part of his training exercise is to plan 4 routes and find however many eateries he can find. Being the resourceful individual he is, he contacted the Convention and Visitors Bureau.

We now know that The Sauced Hog (We Dine on Swine) has the recommendation of the CVB employees, as well as official endorsement. We also know that the address on the Web Site will be obsolete by the time we get there, as they are moving. New address will be 108 Steamboat Bend Plaza, Hannibal MO.

This is now the Missouri Alphabet Soup and BBQ Run :D:D:D
Food update #3. Changing the Lunch destination to Fiddlesticks. Great place, lots of variety and friendly service. We were there last weekend with the HOG Chapter and everyone loved it.

Change the name to the Eastern Missouri Alphabet Soup Run, just to confuse the heck out of everyone. I also found another lettered highway to add to the run, so more noodles in the alphabet soup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts