Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not something that hasnt been done before, just thought I would share.

Added Tri-Bar light to rear facsia
Light59600008Ebay from 2015 Street Glide
Harness68828-10 Bought at dealer
Used blue and black wires
Cover69615-10 Bought from dealer
Screws2995 Bought 2 from dealer

Relocated License plate
Light Bar and Bracket Ebay "Older Style" Street Glide
Tail Light Lens Ebay "Older Style" Street Glide
Modified an existing license bracket to add my Custom Dynamics flashing brake light
Added red turn signal lenses that I already had.
All wiring for Tri-bar light and CD light was connected inside the taillight housing along with license plate light built into light bar.

Now the reason I started it all
Detachable Tour Pak mount and docking kit from Ebay.
Made an adapter plate to move the Tour Pak back 2" for my wife's comfort
Used (3) 6 pin deutch connectors to disconnect wiring. One for each speaker wire harness and one for the 5 wires going to the lights in the Tour Pak. All connectors under the seat.
Left the headset wiring harness on and attached it to the docking kit plate with a P clamp.

Realized the Touring Seat was UGLY without the Tour Pak so got one from a 2009 Street Glide to use when the pak is off. Still waiting on it to come in.

I have not dealt with the antenna yet. I will add J&M Flexpower hiddens in the fairing when I get to it. I am working my way forward.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106745.443019.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106760.588811.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106772.304184.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your under seat looks so so so much neater without coiling up 6ft of wire.

And I cant understand guys who don't detach... Man look how much cleaner it is, you CAN feel the difference riding and cornering too.:cool:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I did the full quick detach wiring setup when I added the mounting kit. I didn't like the way the dealer was planning to deal with the wiring, leaving them al, installed so that you have to take out the liner and feed the wires through the grommets, leaving 6+ feet of wires to coil up.

I put the dietz connector on the speaker wires and the lights have a quick connector as well. I ran the antennas down to the saddle bag mounts and then added the extensions that come with the HD kit. i can have all the wiring undone in a couple of minutes and no big rolls to hide under he seat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent ridden it yet with the pak off. 28 degrees today. But they haven't salted the roads yet this year so hope to get it out soon. I dont like salt on my wheels, hard enough to keep clean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your description sounds like what I did except I used the plugs inside the speaker boxes rather than make new connectors. I also like extending the wires from the tour-pak so you don't have to coil under the seat. Going to do that with mine. Thanks for a great post.

Believe me, you will like the ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts