Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the biggest problems of eating out is portion size. One way to make sure you don't over eat is to ask for a to go box with your meal so you can take half (or more) off your plate before you even start eating.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Great ideas!

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's one we use often with success. Will use the method MWhyte suggests when I don't feel like cooking the next day :)
2nd that, we often share meals when we ride. No sense in taking leftovers on the bike. Plus we are both always trying to lose weight, or else I am giong to need to get new shocks-LOL

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
If you're going to a sit-down joint, most will make some modifications to the standard plate if you ask. Instead of having your salad piled with croutons and cheese, you can ask to have them left off - maybe substitute with some additional fresh sliced veggies, and go for the balsamic vinaigrette or oil/vinegar dressing. Instead of rice or potato to go with that grilled chicken, ask for some veggies. Stuff like that.
On portions, the key is to eat what can fit in the palm of your hand.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you're going to a sit-down joint, most will make some modifications to the standard plate if you ask. Instead of having your salad piled with croutons and cheese, you can ask to have them left off - maybe substitute with some additional fresh sliced veggies, and go for the balsamic vinaigrette or oil/vinegar dressing. Instead of rice or potato to go with that grilled chicken, ask for some veggies. Stuff like that.
On portions, the key is to eat what can fit in the palm of your hand.
I better grow a bigger hand:D:mad:

W

·
0 Posts
I've never had a plate of food in front of me that I couldn't eat. I'd like to split it with my wife at times but there is a real issue at hand. She's a vegetarian and I'm a Carnivore!!:eek:

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
my wife and I split allot of meals when eating out. Rarely have I left still hungry, proves to me every time that American portion sizes are way to much.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Another option, if you dont like leftovers is to order off of the kids menu. Most any sit-down type restaurant will allow you to do so.

·
Super Moderator
9,692 Posts
most places around here will let us do the kids menu

I like the growing kids menu , and most times a bird would starve offa what she eats

I like what Herman Cain said not long ago

"wanna lose weight , eat less , no diets , just eat less"

I'm 6'0" and hi 220's , have to get a physical every two years and in 2012 I shot up to 254 when I went to see doc , he hadda cow , gave me a heart patients diet and I lost 25 pounds in six weeks .. Cant seem to git under 220 now tho'

also my favorite drink is ...........water

soda and sweet tea and caffiene are not your friends

also stay away from buffets

JtB

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,951 Posts
+1 on the buffets. I've never had the descipline needed to eat at a really good buffet. Like how do you go to the seafood buffet at the Rio in Vegas and not over-eat by a large amount. That's what I have to learn.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
+1 on the buffets. I've never had the descipline needed to eat at a really good buffet. Like how do you go to the seafood buffet at the Rio in Vegas and not over-eat by a large amount. That's what I have to learn.
Me neither. I always feel the need to "get my money's worth" on the buffet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've never had a plate of food in front of me that I couldn't eat. I'd like to split it with my wife at times but there is a real issue at hand. She's a vegetarian and I'm a Carnivore!!:eek:
Oh that's EASY!!! Steak (Carnivore) Potatoes (Vegetarian) !!! DONE!!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
most places around here will let us do the kids menu

I like the growing kids menu , and most times a bird would starve offa what she eats

I like what Herman Cain said not long ago

"wanna lose weight , eat less , no diets , just eat less"

I'm 6'0" and hi 220's , have to get a physical every two years and in 2012 I shot up to 254 when I went to see doc , he hadda cow , gave me a heart patients diet and I lost 25 pounds in six weeks .. Cant seem to git under 220 now tho'

also my favorite drink is ...........water

soda and sweet tea and caffiene are not your friends

also stay away from buffets

JtB
Everytime I try and eat off the kids menu they cry I'm stealing their food.

Mom always said stay away from water, it'll rust your pipes.

Heart healthy diets are easy to follow....if it tastes good, spit it out!

Stay away from Buffetts?? but Jimmy is one of my favorite artists.

One thing I know for sure, the secret to any diet working, and ANY diet will work, is getting your head right. When and if you're ready it can and will happen! Course looking at me you can tell I haven't had my head right in a while but I know of what I speak!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts