Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I missing something here or is this a great deal even at the buy-it-now price?

Just bought on April 1st with 2600 miles, V&H Duals&Monster Ovals, TTS tuner and highway pegs...I may have missed something else. Only potential issue is I don't understand the 10th photo of the wiring near the neck, is wiring damaged or are they just showing how clean it is?

Disclaimer: I didn't own the bike, I don't know the seller(but seller states they're a HD dealer),note the $300 admin fee, I don't care if it sells ever, I like cats & dogs, etc. Maybe it was a rental but I wouldn't think so with the installed accessories...I imagine someone just turned it back it as they couldn't afford the monthy payments.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140570283740&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Maybe its all a joke as it was bought on April Fool's Day.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I meant the buy-it-now price. Many sellers are asking that and more for a 2010 EGU with these options, this is a 2011 RGU with 1yr9mths of warranty left. Who knows what the reserve is, probably $20k+.

Depending on how some buyer's state handles used cycle sales taxes, it could be a decent purchase.

I think some of the smokin' deals are coming out of Florida, seems the local economy is really soft for these types of big-$ decretionary purchases.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Gator HD is a good dealer, MSRP sales, family owned, small town, also own Stormy Hill HD in Clermont

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I meant the buy-it-now price. Other sellers are asking that and more for a 2010 with these options, this is a 2011 with 1yr9mths of warranty left. Who knows what the reserve is, probably $20k+.
I have seen auctions where the reserve is just the Buy It Now price. In these cases, the auction is a farce. Just another form of bait and switch.

That being said, you are right, the Buy it price really is not that bad considering what you are getting.

I also wondered about the picture of the neck, why??? At first I though it was showing the VIN, but they have another picture specifically of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts