Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my adapters are fake arc audio adapters I purchased on ebay. This was from what I thought to be a reputable company, but after not being able to install the speakers and talking with Arc Audio customer service, the problem was the adapters were to thick due to being fakes! The Arc Audio MOTO 602 speakers are a very tight fit, so the fake adapter being 1/4" or so thicker caused the issue..... These adapters look and feel correct so Im sure these guys sell these things all day and nobody knows."....... Anyway-

Woofersetc_outlet - ebay name

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE ASSCLOWNS! In the process of going after a refund!

Heres a screen shot of the ebay listing
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1393593641.196821.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Well, they aren't charging fake prices. ...... :eek: Definitely return yours and notify eBay.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just found out my adapters are fake arc audio adapters I purchased on ebay. This was from what I thought to be a reputable company, but after not being able to install the speakers and talking with Arc Audio customer service, the problem was the adapters were to thick due to being fakes! The Arc Audio MOTO 602 speakers are a very tight fit, so the fake adapter being 1/4" or so thicker caused the issue..... These adapters look and feel correct so Im sure these guys sell these things all day and nobody knows."....... Anyway-

Woofersetc_outlet - ebay name

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE ASSCLOWNS! In the process of going after a refund!

Heres a screen shot of the ebay listing
View attachment 98409

Good Post. . . We'll be on the lookout!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Since it appears from the pic that they are advertising them as ARC you may also want to notify ARC with the info , they can work with Ebay to have the fakes removed and perhaps help you with a refund since they can prove that yours are fake.

Eagle

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Arc and chatted with Brad off and on today and let him know whats going on..... I also have been in contact with the seller off and on as well........ below is screen shots of the conversation up until this post and will update as it progresses down the road.. Brad also has a copy of these messages and will update them too........ I am j_yaffe the fake scumbags are woofersetc_outlet ..... to keep up with the conversation heading has the person it is going to at the top of each message....

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1393637838.240925.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1393637849.620391.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1393637858.629687.jpg

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I also want to see how this turns out.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
336 Posts
I"m surprised, I have dealt with woofersetc in the past and spent some good cash buying from them and have never had any negative issues at all with them. That said- You paid for a Genuine product and deserve just that!! Demand a full refund, Nothing less..Good Luck.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This should clear up any questions ...
Ya, Brad added that last part about WoofersETC ....... Glad this may help in the future......

Glide, ur totally right! My thoughts exactly, they messaged me back saying they would send me a pre paid shipping label and once I return the adapters, they will issue me a full refund.... Will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
325 Posts
Being open minded, it may very well be a vendor of this ebay seller that's the culprit. See if they pull the listings, that will tell the tale.

Report it and pay pal/ebay will take care of your refund.. Good luck.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Does it state anywhere in the ad ARC style?? They look almost identical to the ones off ebay I bought for 18 bux and they fit perfectly on my fairing AND my Infinitys fit perfect as well. Have you tried rotating them to see if they will fit? They have to go a certain way for the speakers to clear the fairing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ebay ad

Does it state anywhere in the ad ARC style?? They look almost identical to the ones off ebay I bought for 18 bux and they fit perfectly on my fairing AND my Infinitys fit perfect as well. Have you tried rotating them to see if they will fit? They have to go a certain way for the speakers to clear the fairing.
Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
Type:
SPEAKER ADAPTER RINGS

MPN:
ARC AUDIO Spacers Adapter Rings 6 1/2" speakers
Brand:
Harley Davidson

Country of Manufacture:
United States
Model:
6.5" Speaker Adapter Rings

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Ya, Brad added that last part about WoofersETC ....... Glad this may help in the future......

Glide, ur totally right! My thoughts exactly, they messaged me back saying they would send me a pre paid shipping label and once I return the adapters, they will issue me a full refund.... Will keep everyone posted

i sure hope that they then don't turn around and deny your refund based on the fact that you modified them.....

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update:

After sending the speaker adapters back to woofersetc ( they paid the shipping as well ), they gave me a full refund. Happy with the final outcome

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just bought a set of these damn things.
Waiting for my speakers so I haven't tried them.
Were do they hit?
I have Hertz speakers coming yet.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just bought a set of these damn things.

Waiting for my speakers so I haven't tried them.

Were do they hit?

I have Hertz speakers coming yet.

The hit at the top of the speaker and the magnet also cant clear the outer fairing......

Just an fyi to spot the fake ones-
1) Arc does not package adapters individually..... Fakes come individually wrapped
2) arc includes COLOR instructions..., fake ones are black and white
And last but not least
3) arc has the name and logo in white around the outside of each adapter 3 times. Fakes dont have it at all

So, if they are fakes and ur unable to get them to fit, just message them and they will take care of you, just make sure to call them out on it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts