Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased something very similar to this from Fuelmoto and the price was around $80.00 each. They were brighter than heck however I called the manufacturer and asked if they were waterproof and he said no but they were looking to address the issue on a future design. The ones you are looking at on Ebay have an IP rating so they are somewhat sealed. I was concerned as the rubber boot no longer could be used and the fan cage was exposed to open air inside the fairing (yes these lamps are fan cooled and do make some noise when turned on). After running the LED lamps purchased at Fuelmoto lamps for about 1000 miles (two in the headlight) one of the fan bearings started making noise so I pulled them both off the bike and went back to the standard hallogen lamps. I never called Fuelmoto about this as they were already out of warranty. Also I started to notice the inside of the headlight bezel was starting to get moisture in it because I was no longer using the rubber boot. If you want LED's go with HD Daymakers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hot topic

The Facebook group is all abuzz about these lights. I have HIDs, and Custom Dynamics signals. The two are different shades of white, so I ordered these LEDs. Cleaning the garage, I discovered that I have 3 sets of H4 bulbs. These will be the 5th set that I will have installed. I just refuse to lay out even $500 for faux daymakers. I can't understand why the Road Glide LEDs are three times as much as the FLHX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.