Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dealt with Blackbird Customs on eBay? I ordered a custom cover from him. Waiting on it to arrive. He was nice to deal with & good about answering any questions I had. He's making a cover for my seat & passenger backrest. If I like it enough, I'll order the cover for the tour pak.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
ok. I'm intrigued. Do they just slip over the seat? Need to remove the original cover and tack these on? how do they hold up?

I suppose I could look for myself, but I fully admit to laziness and might as well hear from those that have experience.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. I'm intrigued. Do they just slip over the seat? Need to remove the original cover and tack these on? how do they hold up?

I suppose I could look for myself, but I fully admit to laziness and might as well hear from those that have experience.
You have to take the original off. This feels every bit as durable as the stock cover. You use a heat gun or hair dryer to make it a bit more flexible to pull out the wrinkles & staple it. I bought an electric staple gun which,I think made it a bit easier.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Took mine to an upholstery shop $200 to install on the seat, ride and passenger backrests and also tour pack pad not shown in the pic.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That looks great and that's a cover? Do they do any seat, just ordered the LePera Daddy long Leg two with rider backrest, love the matching stitch work.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I know, he will do any seat(you'll have to ask Chris)I just had to tell him what kind of seat I had & even sent him a pic of it to be sure. He asked for measurements of my backrest pad to be sure.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took mine to an upholstery shop $200 to install on the seat, ride and passenger backrests and also tour pack pad not shown in the pic.
It took me about an hour & a half to do both seat & pad. Used my wife's hair dryer to heat it. Wasn't bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts