Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
For that price just scruff it up with Scotch Brite and spray it with a rattle can.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For that price just scruff it up with Scotch Brite and spray it with a rattle can.
I thought about that too. There is a powder coater like 2 minutes from my house and I'm gonna have some other stuff for him to do.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
I had the OEM version of that part. I have found that the Chinese knockoff parts you get on ebay are nearly as good as the OEM version for a ¼ of the price.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the OEM version of that part. I have found that the Chinese knockoff parts you get on ebay are nearly as good as the OEM version for a ¼ of the price.
I got a set of knock off mirrors from Amazon I that I have a pretty good feeling will weather better then the HD ones I had on my last bike. They were a 1/4 of the price. I also got a set front axel covers for like $8 that are super nice too.

I figured for $20 I could get a set and see. I'm pretty sure I'd need to get a longer set of windshield screws.

I got a set of bag latch covers and got them powdered. They are fine and once again 1/4 the price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got a set of knock off mirrors from Amazon I that I have a pretty good feeling will weather better then the HD ones I had on my last bike. They were a 1/4 of the price. I also got a set front axel covers for like $8 that are super nice too.

I figured for $20 I could get a set and see. I'm pretty sure I'd need to get a longer set of windshield screws.

I got a set of bag latch covers and got them powdered. They are fine and once again 1/4 the price.

Could you send some links our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That's probably because they are the OE manufacture......LOL

6-7 years ago there was a Chinese website (Beats Electronics, LLC v. The Partnerships and Unincorporated Associations Identified on Schedule ?A? ? Case No. 14-cv-5209 | Greer, Burns & Crain, Ltd.) that was selling HD clothing for a fraction of the price, except it didn't have a dealers name on the back. Leather jackets were big bargains, but they only accepted wire transfers for payment. I was going to order, but backed out at the last minute because I would be screwed if they took the money and ran. I know one guy bought a jacket and was happy.
They got closed down because of the Dr Dre Beats head phones they were selling and not because of HD...….go figure
(Here's what they sent me when I contacted them)

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your order at davidjacket.com, the order number is 62012221023211662.

I have arranged the total cost including shipping for you,pls check your order as flws:

96417-07VM sizeXL US$33.00
98230-06VM sizeXL US$58.00
HDS46 sizeXL US$22.00
98313-08VM sizeXL US$25.00

The shipping cost to USA by EMS is US $55.00, so the total cost is US $193.00 including shipping.

For the payment method depending on your choice on our website,here is our bank information:

BANK NAME: BANK OF CHINA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 476661901880235171
BANK ADDRESS: JINGUIYUAN SUB-BRANCH,GUANGZHOU,CHINA
SWIFT CODE: BKCHCNBJ400

BENEFICIARY NAME: LIN LANGYAN
RECEIVER ADDRESS: NO.92, SANYUANLI ROAD, GUANGZHOU,CHINA
ZIP: 510400
TELEPHONE NUMBER: +8613710407162

1 - 8 of 8 Posts