Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,
Just wondering if anyone has used Volunteer Audio on Ebay to get the whole after market head unit. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback or should I just piece meal it together. I they have the Alpine CDE-HD148BT with everything for $408. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Hey Gents,
Just wondering if anyone has used Volunteer Audio on Ebay to get the whole after market head unit. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback or should I just piece meal it together. I they have the Alpine CDE-HD148BT with everything for $408. Thanks in advance.
I paid a little over $200 for the 149 last summer. 400 for the step down seems a bit pricy.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey Gents,
What is included with it? You can get the HU for $180

Amazon.com : Alpine CDE-HD148BT CD Receiver with built-in Bluetooth & HD Radio : Vehicle Cd Player Receivers : MP3 Players & Accessories

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought the exact item. Should be at my door Thursday. I spoke with a guy named jay. Pretty much guaranteed that I'd be happy. Let's hope so.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Almost went with that exact package. Ended up going with the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X799 due to the fact it will play ACC (itunes) files. Still has bluetooth as a backup, and high pre-amp outputs (gonna use sound stream amp). Crutchfield had that HU, and the sosche adapter and install kit for $242 shipped to my door in two days.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
I just bought the exact item. Should be at my door Thursday. I spoke with a guy named jay. Pretty much guaranteed that I'd be happy. Let's hope so.
If you have problems hooking up the Scosche interface, check out my thread in the audio area (going aftermarket). I have some good close up pics of what wire you need to cut & ground.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If I remember correctly I think I bought my scosche harness with pac controller from them. I wound up piecing everything together cuz i wasn't a fan of their combo kits. The scosche and pac controller are actually quite easy to install though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts