Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have these vented lowers from from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Harley-Touring-Lower-vented-Fairing-w-Quick-Release-Mounting-hardware-/271389288774?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f300fe946&vxp=mtr

I know "you get what you pay for", but my bike is far from a show piece, and I'm really looking for function over form.
The more info the better, but mostly looking to see if they work like OEM as far as being able to keep them on year round (by opening/closing vents as needed). Also curious if by Vivid Balck they mean that they are just shiny black plastic, or if they are actually painted.

Thanks for any info from folks who have them or know them personally. Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not looking for 50 comments from people who have never seen them in person saying they are junk because of the price, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi!

Yes! I have a vented set that I bought off e-bay. They won't fit my Road glide because mine is a 1998. 1998 to 2003 mount different but quality wise they are great. I got mine from "Nicecycle.com" the quality is next to none. I've had them beside the Harley lowers and these are good. (the price is about 1/2 the Harley price).

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
PieDog another option is Mutazu.
Many members, including myself, have their vented lowers and for the price they are very good.
If you decide to go this route make sure you call and mention that you're a member of Roadglide.org and you will get a 10% discount.
You can search Mutazu and you will come up with the posts made by other Members.
Best of luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I also used the Matazu vented lowers, they are nice, for the price you cant go wrong, and the matte finish even matched my denim black close enough. The down side is the hardware that came with them sucks, but a few dollars at the hardware store, and you get a real nice set of lowers, for a fraction of HD. Also the set I got, I had to trim both top caps off, because they hit the fairing/turn signal mount, no big deal, just letting you know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. Going to order the Matazu vented ones with the speakers in Vivid Black, which will hopefully match good enough.

Stripclub, looks like you have speakers too. If they were th ones from Matazu, what did you think of the quality?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Thanks for the input. Going to order the Matazu vented ones with the speakers in Vivid Black, which will hopefully match good enough.

Stripclub, looks like you have speakers too. If they were th ones from Matazu, what did you think of the quality?

My buddy has thier stretched bags and thier high quality for the money. The vivid black bags matched his street glide nicely. I wouldn't worry about color matching.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I actually got a great deal on Harley speaker pods for my lowers, and the fit the Matazu lowers perfect. When I ordered my lowers I got the glove box doors with them and then decided to go with speakers later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
E Bay Vented Lowers

Does anyone on here have these vented lowers from from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Harley-Touring-Lower-vented-Fairing-w-Quick-Release-Mounting-hardware-/271389288774?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f300fe946&vxp=mtr

I know "you get what you pay for", but my bike is far from a show piece, and I'm really looking for function over form.
The more info the better, but mostly looking to see if they work like OEM as far as being able to keep them on year round (by opening/closing vents as needed). Also curious if by Vivid Balck they mean that they are just shiny black plastic, or if they are actually painted.

Thanks for any info from folks who have them or know them personally. Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not looking for 50 comments from people who have never seen them in person saying they are junk because of the price, etc. Thanks!
I bought E Bay Vented Lowers for my 2006, knowing that i had to do a little trimming.Trimmed caps and used a Demel tool to carve out a notch in the Black covers to clear the Faring. I love them. I run them year around.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought these also so I could install another set of speakers. My RG is a 2012 and they just required a minor trimming around where the rear brake master cylinder is mounted. I like them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also bought some ebay vented lowers. they ran my 73 bucks shipped and painted vivid black. i paired it with the Mutazu speaker pods and biketronics TitanII 6.5 speakers. There is no way i can complain for the price i paid. Excellent investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
PieDog another option is Mutazu.
Many members, including myself, have their vented lowers and for the price they are very good.
If you decide to go this route make sure you call and mention that you're a member of Roadglide.org and you will get a 10% discount.
You can search Mutazu and you will come up with the posts made by other Members.
Best of luck!
Mike U.
I purchased the Mutazu vented lowers and they are great.
I paid $ 190.00 including the quick release hardware.
Well worth the $ 190.00 I paid for sure.
HD wants $ 699.00 not including the hardware.
Also the vivid black painted lowers were a perfect match.
Hope this helps.
Swomack

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought vented lowers on eBay for $79. Bike's vivid black so the vivid black lowers match perfectly. Easy install; not quick release but essentially I have two sets of nuts on each to remove, so not that much of a hassle. Only needed to pick up a 1.5" cable clamp and two extra bolts/nuts to attach bottom to the crash bar and it's set. Same ones I picked up are now $69:

Lower Vented Leg Fairings Glove Box for Harley Road King Electra Glide Touring | eBay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts