Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would pass this along. I have been having intermittent problems with my 6th gear light and my cruise control not working. Everyone blamed it on the PCV and Auto Tuner. Well it seems the real problem lies with the factory ECM. It needs to be flashed with the latest upgrade for the bike. I talked to Dyna Jet and they said they have had several of these calls. They have checked all the returned units and have heard back from people that even with new units they have the same problem. Once the flash was done no more problems, so if you go this thats the answer. I'm taking my bike down as soon as I get the PCV and Auto tuner off. (Ca. dealers have all said that these units void your warranty). It's a AQMD thing (smog people):mad:

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I will be interested to hear the outcome you get after taking your bike in. It seems a little odd to me that you put an aftermarket tuner on your bike, and an HD flash puts in sync.
I am not disputing what they are telling you just sayin, it sounds odd.

Rowdy

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I should have added that this problem started after I updated the software and the firmware for the PCV. So my thinking is that something in the old flash does not work with the updated stuff from PCV. I know I should have left well enough alone, put if there is a update I do it, just the kind of guy I am.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay NO trip to the dealer, called Keith at Fuel Moto and he talked me thur fixing the problem. And we even did a few things to make it run even better. So much for Dyna Jet knowing there own product.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Okay NO trip to the dealer, called Keith at Fuel Moto and he talked me thur fixing the problem. And we even did a few things to make it run even better. So much for Dyna Jet knowing there own product.
You gotta love that...!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fix was unchecking a box in the PC V so it didn't draw data from the ECM, then had to reset the warm up procedures.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I wonder if it is a Cali thing. Since both of you guys that have had this are from CA I wonder if it's some kind of setting the CA models have. Don't they have different (aka stricter) settings than the other states bikes?

Just wondering.

Ricky

·
Registered
96 Posts
My problem started when I updated the Software and firmware from Dynojet. I called them and the tech hadn't heard of this problem. He talked to another tech there and then told me there was three potential fixes, uncheck the box under "Power Commander Tools, Configure, Harley ECM data" the only time this data is used is when you have your laptop plugged in to display things like engine temp.
The second is to have your ECM re-flashed by the dealer to "Blast 9 revision"
The third is to reload your software to an earlier version and reflash your Power Commander to an earlier firmware. The problem seems to be Software 1.0.5.8 and firmware V0.1.6.11.
I unchecked the box in the Power Commander "Use Harley ECM data" box and haven't had anymore problems.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Never have these problems when you use the SE race tuner, the bike runs better too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in Ca. the SE race tuner has been reworked to pass smog laws. It doesn't do much for the bike. I have friend how tried it; no matter what he and his tech tried it just didn't make much difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts