Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, well for almost 3 months now I've been unable to ride my 2000 RG. After thinking the fuel pump is the issue, and after finding out that there is 2 SECRET fuses on the other side of the bike I find a blown fuse. I think sweet I can fix that. Nope ... Everytime I hit the run/stop switch to RUN the ECM fuse pops. I rode the day before this started and only had my "been on the throttle for some good miles throttle stick on the off ramp" and a few good hammer fists to my grip. Zero issues. Next day backed out of the garage and it fired right up made a stop left it running stopped for gas, wouldn't start couldn't hear the fuel pump. I call for jumper cables and starting fluid. Brother shows up it starts. Go home and it hasn't moved since. I have done everything except cut the wires where the extensions for my apes were done (September 2017) I've found frayed wires melted wires bare wires and fixed them all from in the fairing to the tail light. I have even bypassed the run stop switch with a donor and nothing. Help before I check my fuel level with a road flare!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should be able to use a meter to see which side of your ECM fuse is shorted to ground. From there it should pretty easy to trace back, unplugging the plugs as you go will also aid in isolating the wire or wires

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I've traced all wires and repaired every possible damaged wire I could find. I've even isolated the run start switch and wired in a donor and same thing. I've disconnected the fuel pump,map sensor and turned on the power with the run stop switch in the run position and slowly plugged everything back in one at a time and it didn't prime the fuel pump but it didn't blow the fuse. Tried the switch (original one) and boom it blew. I'm learning as I go here ... I don't know how to read a voltmeter... what setting does it need to be on and what am I looking for as far a readings? Thanks guys for the help. Last time I rode her was May 28th 2018! I'm at a loss here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts