Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a new ‘18 Road Glide that I’m keeping stock, but I’d like to swap out the stock mufflers for a set of Two Brothers Comp-S slip-ons. Have any of you guys or ladies swapped out to aftermarket slip-ons without recalibrating your ECM? I am getting a lot of conflicting information from the HD dealerships (talked to 5 in my area).
Thanks for your thoughts or experiences

·
Registered
143 Posts
You'll be fine, it can compensate for that little change. Now if you did a stage 1 air cleaner, that would increase the air volume through the engine(think of it as an air pump). Which would require an ECM change.

I just put S&S Grand Nationals on mine, which just changed the sound and that's it. I did get a V&H air cleaner kit but haven't installed it. Getting a few miles on it for shake down, in case of any motor warranty issues. Then the free flow intake and richer fuel map to cool things down and better performance.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I concur, no calibration needed, just put 4400 miles to Shark Week and back with a set of Cobra Neighbor Haters, didn’t miss a beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
According to HD, it is required with just slipons. Go to HDs website and look under slipons. It says recalibration is required. This is a new thing since the M8 engine; pre M8 models did not require recalibration with just slip ons. Although I agree with everyone else, I probably won't make a difference, I'd do it just for the warranty. I had my slipons installed at delivery and the dealer would not install them without recalibration.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You can run just slip on mufflers without having messing with the ECM. I put mufflers on my new Glide before I even left the dealership the day I bought it. Signed all the paperwork and rode it from the sales floor to my lift. Lol. Now, like has been said already; if you change the air cleaner assembly out to a higher flowing/more open design, you will have to do something to correct the lean condition you will create.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts