Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a stage 3 put on my Road Glide Special and had it tuned at the dealer with a TTS installed. the dyno tune pushed the bike to 94.93 power and 119.71 torque which is not bad.. what I don`t like is the Harley cough when its idling, that dead spot you hear every once in a while, hope you know what I`m talking about here. I heard the Thundermax will eliminate this when installed. Has anyone had experience with the Harley cough and I think I`m going to go with the Thundermax W/ auto tuner,,,, good move or not...

Registered
I could be wrong, but I think this is more of a function of the physical engine design being a 45 degree v-twin. What is your problem with it other than you dont like it? If you have a slightly higher idle, you likely will not hear it, but in and of itself it isnt a problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong, but I think this is more of a function of the physical engine design being a 45 degree v-twin. What is your problem with it other than you dont like it? If you have a slightly higher idle, you likely will not hear it, but in and of itself it isnt a problem.
your probably right just don`t like it. Sometimes when I shut it down and start it back up after a minute or two its worse until I feed it some gas. I`ll look into turning up the idle a bit and see what happens. Thanks hellinabucket

Registered
The Thundermac gives you wide band O2 sensors which have a broader range of adjustment than the stock narrow band O2s. The TTS tuner is the basis from which the SE Rave Tuner was developed and is a great tuner. I think if you add a little more fuel in the lower rpms, you鈥檒l correct the issue.

Registered
The Thundermac gives you wide band O2 sensors which have a broader range of adjustment than the stock narrow band O2s. The TTS tuner is the basis from which the SE Rave Tuner was developed and is a great tuner. I think if you add a little more fuel in the lower rpms, you鈥檒l correct the issue.
I think if you just listen to the idle, it skips a bit. Normal. OP didnt mention what year his bike is, but on the 2017s, the idle was set to 850 from the factory, and there was a subsequent ECM flash from the factory that bumped it to 950 not long after the release of the 2017 bikes. It's possible he has a 2017 that was not flashed with the faster idle. A certain amount of hunting is normal.

Registered
I just had a stage 3 put on my Road Glide Special and had it tuned at the dealer with a TTS installed. the dyno tune pushed the bike to 94.93 power and 119.71 torque which is not bad.. what I don`t like is the Harley cough when its idling, that dead spot you hear every once in a while, hope you know what I`m talking about here. I heard the Thundermax will eliminate this when installed. Has anyone had experience with the Harley cough and I think I`m going to go with the Thundermax W/ auto tuner,,,, good move or not...
From my research the tts master tune is one of the best tuners out there. Like all tuner's being tuned by a tech on a Dyno ,the tune will only be as good as the Technician tuning the bike.
I'd do some research on some other Technicians in your area before giving up on the tts.

Registered
From my research the tts master tune is one of the best tuners out there. Like all tuner's being tuned by a tech on a Dyno ,the tune will only be as good as the Technician tuning the bike.
I'd do some research on some other Technicians in your area before giving up on the tts.

Plus 1 on this Gary, too much good press on the TTS tuner. Maybe a 2nd dyno opinion with a different operator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts