Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hard to tell what the heck it really is on their website. What a mess.... I understand the concept to a degree, but not theirs. They don't really show it. They advertise repairing stripped threads, but not their mechanism..... Eh.

Why not use a Fumoto oil drain valve if that's what you're after? Personally I have them on lots of vehicles, but not my bikes. I don't need them there and don't want to risk having it getting knocked off if I cross over a speed bump or debris in the road. Plus the standard factory plugs are pretty good. O-rings are cheap and plentiful and it's not all that inconvenient.

I'd pass on what you linked to myself. Fumotos are great for your car, truck, tractor, etc, but not for bikes.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
If it was hard to get to ,maybe. The oil plug on the RG is very accessible. Learn not to over tighten, it will last a lifetime.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Of all the upgrades I've done and frivolous purchases I've made for my bike, replacing the drain plug never crossed my mind. Like Diesel said, I really don't get the point of the plug from their website.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I ask is, I have a Yamaha Stratoliner in my Fla. vacation home. I stripped one of the drain plugs which is on the right side about 1 1/2 inches from the frame bar! Meaning you can not get a socket on it, can't drill it unless you lift the motor. I was able to put an oversize plug in and I have left it at that. I don't not take that plug out when changing the oil. Their is another plug but it leaves about 1 1/2 qts. of the old oil. When I saw this ECO plug I thought I would finally take the oversized plug out (been in about 5 yrs.) and try the ECO. Just wondering if anyone had ever used this type of plug. And yes guys, I have now learned a lesson. Never to old to learn.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sounds like the Stratoliner is a candidate for an electric oil extraction pump. I haven't personally used one.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Sounds like the Stratoliner is a candidate for an electric oil extraction pump. I haven't personally used one.
Good idea Bucket’. Visit a Boat store. Or amazon prime. Doesn’t even have to be electric. A hand pump vacuum will do nicely. Suck all that old oil out through the fill plug.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if a pump reaches all the oil. When changing the oil in that bike it has two different drain plugs across from each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts