Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to be redoing my sound system before spring. I've settled on the Rockfard 300x4 amp. I want to run 6.5s in the fairing and also in the lowers. Currently have hog tunes amp running the cvo speakers in my lowers with the hog tune speakers in the fairing powered by the Harmon kardon radio. I was looking at the biketronics Titan 2s but I hate to give that for speakers. I would like to find something in the $125-150 range. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is for my 05 seeg.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Take a look at the Rockford Fosgate POWER line. You can get them on eBay fairly cheap. Maybe $100 a pair. I had them on my '09 in the fairing and they sound pretty good at highway speeds depending on your windshield.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Polk DXi650 or DB651

I have Polk's with my RF 300x4 and they work well. There are better speakers out there, but in the $100 price range, the Polk's compete very well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the RF Power series as an economical choice. I have heard them installed in bikes with an RF amp several times and like what I heard. You can get a pair of 6.5 Power spkrs for under $100pr, more like $70-80pr.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Give Infinity Kappa Series a look. Very nice sounding speakers. I ran the Reference Series on one of my bikes on the stock head unit and they were a major improvement. With a little more juice I imagine they would be even better.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Check out the entry level Focal Access series, they are entry for Focal, but top of the line compared to a lot of brands.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
How are the Infinity Kappa and entry level Focal as far as weather resistant? Thx.
No car speaker is gonna be waterproof. Many people run them without any problems. But very few if any speakers are made with paper cones anymore so the materials they use will hold up pretty good to the elements. Just avoid direct water spray and downpours as much as possible. If you want true weather resistant look for some marine grade speakers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So do the factory speakers have paper cones? How does marine grade compare sound quality wise?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
So do the factory speakers have paper cones? How does marine grade compare sound quality wise?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
No the stock speakers are not paper. The only difference in marine grade speakers is the electronics are treated or coated for water and salt exposure. And the housings and grills are UV resistant. Most of the cone and tweeter materials are the same as you fine on non-marine speakers so the sound should be the same.

U

·
0 Posts
Marine grade spkrs are made of a waterproof composite material. The same as outdoor speakers people buy to put outside around pools decks etc. They sound as good or better than paper cone speakers. Paper will also disintegrate even in an indoor environment. Bose is one of the few spkr companies that still use paper cones. Don't worry about the dependability of any cycle spkr you are looking at. Just listen to what you can and read about the speakers on forums like this. Do your research and you can make the best educated decision. Good luck

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the PBR 300x2 and started with a set of Polk mm651 2.7 ohms - they didn't last very long and went with Polk DXi 650 4 ohm, they last much longer but are now starting to go south. Both sounded great when they worked , but I guess I overpowered them with the amp and volume turned to the max. Gonna try a set of the Hertz 165 or Biketronics ( told they are the same speaker ). Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am running the pbr 300x4 with rockford 6.5 in the fairing and 5.25 in the stock holes. They sound really good and are obviously a good match for the amp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts