Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having a problem with those light?. When braking the R light has delay from 1-5 seconds after the L one. Sometimes does not come on at all. Got and installed a new module form HD, they worked for 5-10min than went back to the same problem. The dealership made me pay for 1h diagnostics to tell me they can't find anything wrong. They called the technicians at HD main office and they have heard of the problem, but have no fix for it. Now I have these lights that I can't use (safety issue) and attempted to remove them, but afraid it will rip of the paint. I think its the module overheating, but what is the fix?
Anyone have this problem, any suggestions?
Thx

· Registered
329 Posts
I'm thinking about installing these as well after seeing them in action one night following a 'Glide....makes for improved conspicuity from the rear.

Is this a true plug-n-play installation? If overheating modulators are the problem, what's tge fix?

· Registered
329 Posts
I installed mine today. True plug n play. Run, stop, turn sig, 4-way flash all worked as advertised with no delays. I think they look and work great....very well integrated styling in my eyes. I'm happy.....so far:wink:

Attachments

Reactions: sportyguy69

· Registered
13 Posts
Electra Glo LED

I installed the same unit on my 2015 RGS and now the fender light and the rear lamps are not on. The LEDs work but the rear lamps work only when I utilize the break, directional, alarm and 4way flashers only. Also, the right blink on the console blinks fast even though the right front and rear blink normal. Any suggestions?

· Registered
401 Posts
I installed the same unit on my 2015 RGS and now the fender light and the rear lamps are not on. The LEDs work but the rear lamps work only when I utilize the break, directional, alarm and 4way flashers only. Also, the right blink on the console blinks fast even though the right front and rear blink normal. Any suggestions?
When I converted over to Custom Dynamics LED lights front turn signals and rear. I had to turn the main power on and turn on the 4 way flasher. Let all 4 led lights flash for approx 5 minutes. The BCM needs to learn that the LED require less voltage to flash than the incandescent bulbs. After aprox 5 minutes give or take. Turn everything off and back on, the flasher blinked at a normal rate where before it blinked fast. Like a bulb was burned out.
I also recently installed the Electra Glo saddlebag lights and everything was plug and play. No problems.
Maybe the combination of LED and incandescent bulbs has something to do with it. The BCM can't figure out what to do ???

· Registered
401 Posts
Is anyone having a problem with those light?. When braking the R light has delay from 1-5 seconds after the L one. Sometimes does not come on at all. Got and installed a new module form HD, they worked for 5-10min than went back to the same problem. The dealership made me pay for 1h diagnostics to tell me they can't find anything wrong. They called the technicians at HD main office and they have heard of the problem, but have no fix for it. Now I have these lights that I can't use (safety issue) and attempted to remove them, but afraid it will rip of the paint. I think its the module overheating, but what is the fix?
Anyone have this problem, any suggestions?
Thx
If you feel that you need to remove the light and are afraid of rip off the paint. If you go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to Debadge emblems from you vehicle. Simple use of dental floss in a back and forth motion like a saw will cut right thru the 3M tape. The you can use WD40 and a clean rag to clean the excess off the bags.

· Registered
329 Posts
I followed the included instructions to the T on my '15 RGS and it was truly a plug-and-play installation and operation....nothing else. I also removed the main fuse before I disconnected ANYTHING, but I don't know if that was necessary...I always do this whenever I need to disconnect ANYTHING that's electrical related. The lights operated as designed, no hiccups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.