Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the HD electric antenna to clean up the look. Problem seems to be radio reception and sound quality is down the tubes! This is a CVO RG, and I already sold the shorty antenna that came on the bike or I would be putting it back on. Is there a way to make the antennas work better, or should I be buying a new stock system?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
May sound like a dumb question, but when you installed it did you make sure the red LED light, on the center part of antenna, came on when you turned the radio on? It could be a power or ground issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
192 Posts
Depends on the area you live in mine worked great in more metropolitan areas but in outlying rural areas its performance was abysmal. There has been many post about hidden antennas with mixed results sorry I don't know how to increase performance or range.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The light does comes on, it is more like what was stated in the last post. It works ok in the metro and gets worse the farther you get out. The stock antenna was not this way.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
My bad.. i did not read it thoroughly. I have the antenna also. I really use the radio but it clearly pick up stations whenever I turn it on. Double check how you routed the antenna wire on in the inner fairing wall.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
692 Posts
Botech,
I have the same HD antenna and it works good around town but doesn't have much range. Loose strong stations pretty quick when traveling.
I had a 'Tune Trapper' internal antenna on my last bike and it worked WAY better than the HD one plus it doesn't require any external power. Here's a link to one I found on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/250897098433?lpid=82
Think I got mine from Dennis Kirk.
I'll probably swap mine out one of these days ... Just haven't gotten around to it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts