Last summer I hit a BAD pothole... Voltage spiked to 16 volts.. By the time I got to the nearest Harley shop, it had gone back to normal... on several occasions it has reared it's ugly lil head again.. If I let it idle down or shut it off and restart, it clears itself.. Yesterday, out of nowhere, it started to discharge.. Came back to normal twice, but by the time I got home, the gauge was clear down to 8 volts and needless to say the battery was dead... Stater, Voltage regulator or Battery malfunction????