Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought this bike (2007 FLTR) from a wholesaler about 2 weeks ago. No history on the bike and it was sold as is.

I picked up a screw in the rear tire about a week ago and took it to the shop to get if fixed. While there I asked them to look at the horn as it was not working. Hit the button and beep, no problem.

About 4 days later I need the horn and it does not work. The next day the left blinker indicator on the dash quits but the blinkers work fine, front and rear. When I push the horn buton the left blinker blinks 3 times then stops.

Any ideas?

If there are other electrical issues I am not aware of them. Lights work, radio works, starts up each time I hit the button.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve

·
Registered
483 Posts
have there been any mods, handlebars changed, grips , chrome controls ?
If so there may be a wire pinched on the left side .

Eagle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eagle, thanks for the reply.

A buddy has a repair manual so we tore the left grip apart yesterday. We could not find anything wrong. We eventually concluded that the horn was the problem. We cracked it open to find it completely rusted out. As soon as we disconnected the horn the blinker worked fine. Somehow the horn's issues were felt on the left blinker as they are spliced together according to the wiring diagram.

To fix the problem I installed a mini beast - man is that sucker loud.

I did learn a lot so all was not lost.

Thanks again, Steve

·
Registered
483 Posts
glad you got it figured out, probably a ground issue , those electrical gremlins can be frustrating .

Eagle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts