Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Government is closing up everything around here, bars, restaurants, and gyms are already shuttered. All non essential business are being asked to close here in PA.

So I guess the MoCo dealers will be shutting down, two weeks, perhaps more, closed right at the start of the season. This isn't going to help an already bad situation in the industry.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Government is closing up everything around here, bars, restaurants, and gyms are already shuttered. All non essential business are being asked to close here in PA.
So I guess the MoCo dealers will be shutting down, two weeks, perhaps more, closed right at the start of the season. This isn't going to help an already bad situation in the industry.
at least we're all gonna be in the same boat.
here in Cincy all the schools are closed, all the rec centers are closed, restaurants only have carry-out or drive-thru service.

until they see a drop in new cases they're gonna tighten things up even more. there's just not enough infrastructure to be able to deal with a pandemic like this.

i hope cooler heads prevail.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Our town just shut down schools, libraries, the pool, and no gatherings over 50 people. More may come tomorrow. All Canadians being asked to return to country, mandatory 14 day isolation afterwards. My President called me today from California, effective immediately myself and my sales team are not to come into the office for 3-4 weeks to demonstrate 'social distancing'. Even though I run the Canadian branch, all signatures and paperwork that I sign on a daily basis is to be sent to me and I will sign, scan, and email back. Only a couple of AR people and my assistant will be coming into the office. I will be going stir cray in three days, probably less.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,243 Posts
With the new Federal guidelines as of today, we've gone from 250 person gatheirings to 50, and now 10! Grocery stores and medical facilities are about the extent of what's going to be open before this is over. It's going to be a very boring 4-6 months coming up. On the plus side we should have increased activity on here with so many of you working from home for the forseeable future.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Same

Same deal in Ohio, Don’t think the MoCo is going to close just got a no money down 2.9 apr on all 2020 models in the mail and a e mail from a dealer on how they are sanitizing everything for your safety. I feel bad for all of the people losing much needed income over this silly shit, we have had worse viruses in the past without all this drama. I guess as long as they don’t rule motorcycles as unnecessary means of transportation we should all be Okay!!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think cases in China and South Korea dropped pretty quickly when they isolated so hopefully it won't be long. I'm working from home for two weeks and my two kids who are in Pennsylvania colleges, have been switched to online classes for the rest of the semester.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Our town just shut down schools, libraries, the pool, and no gatherings over 50 people. More may come tomorrow. All Canadians being asked to return to country, mandatory 14 day isolation afterwards. My President called me today from California, effective immediately myself and my sales team are not to come into the office for 3-4 weeks to demonstrate 'social distancing'. Even though I run the Canadian branch, all signatures and paperwork that I sign on a daily basis is to be sent to me and I will sign, scan, and email back. Only a couple of AR people and my assistant will be coming into the office. I will be going stir cray in three days, probably less.
I was wondering what Canada was doing. They've mentioned a lot of countries on the news but I don't remember hearing anything about Canada.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
What is so amazing to me is how the media has completely blown this out of proportion.
As of today 52 people has died to the virus here in the states.
Last year 61,200 people dies from the flu but did you hear anything about it on the news, Not Really.
I hope the media & liberals are happy with what they have caused.
Peoples lives are going to be ruined by this.
Business will be lost and people will lose their homes because they won't be able to provide.
I do think that everyone should take the necessary precautions but still what's going on is completely ridiculous.

Go do some research on Goggle for average death do to the flu and tell me i'm right.

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

Swomack

·
Registered
615 Posts
I was wondering what Canada was doing. They've mentioned a lot of countries on the news but I don't remember hearing anything about Canada.
That's because our Sock Puppet leader has done nothing; instead leaving it to individual cities, Provinces, and private business to handle this pandemic on their own; which I must say, we are doing in a decent manner without the need for government to say otherwise.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
What is so amazing to me is how the media has completely blown this out of proportion.
Last year 61,200 people dies from the flu but did you hear anything about it on the news, Not Really.
Business will be lost and people will lose their homes because they won't be able to provide.
I do think that everyone should take the necessary precautions but still what's going on is completely ridiculous.

Go do some research on Goggle for average death do to the flu and tell me i'm right.

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

Swomack
You are absolutely right. When this shit ends, more people will be dead from the flu. And you're right about the media. I don't know how they are telling the story in other parts of the country but the Philly news starts the story with a big blown up picture of a VIRUS. It looks like something out of a horror movie. It's like that big red pointy ball is going to come down the street and get us all. And then your hollywood assholes have to chime in and tell people who are going about their lives as normal that they are doing something wrong. Such great scientific minds as Hilary Duff and Ariana Grande are telling everyone to quarantine.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,243 Posts
I'm OK with sticking mostly at home for 2 weeks, but if this goes on for a couple months I'll go stir-crazy. But then again, I'll have lots of company!

·
Registered
346 Posts

Swomack
This isn’t the regular flu. This is lower respiratory, and much more dangerous, especially to those older with co-morbid factors. It spreads more than twice as fast, and of course there is no natural immunity. The effort is to slow the spread, so the health care system is not overloaded. Spread of the virus is gonna happen, just need to stretch it out over long enough so that the system can handle it. Thus, the idea of isolation and distancing. Your flu data is accurate, but not on par with CV-19.

·
Registered
345 Posts
This isn’t the regular flu. This is lower respiratory, and much more dangerous, especially to those older with co-morbid factors. It spreads more than twice as fast, and of course there is no natural immunity. The effort is to slow the spread, so the health care system is not overloaded. Spread of the virus is gonna happen, just need to stretch it out over long enough so that the system can handle it. Thus, the idea of isolation and distancing. Your flu data is accurate, but not on par with CV-19.
Spot-on @dreeves. And probably half of the active members on this forum are in the high risk category (i.e., over 60, hypertension, and all of the other mitigating health conditions).

I agree that the media has over-hyped the government’s lack of preparedness and spread way too much mis-information. But a look at the CDC and Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy should give everyone sufficient cause for concern.

Please, start practicing social distancing and take precautionary measures. Yes, people are going to die and people are going to experience significant financial hardship, especially those without emergency savings. Best case, we return to normal in 6-8 weeks. Worst case, maybe by Labor Day.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
this is the shit that scares the hell out of me
you've got a bunch of bored teenage kids with nothing to do but create mischief
and the cops won't respond or arrest???

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is not the regular flu but dead is dead. ...and the mortality numbers for this particular virus just do not support the 24/7 hysteria. As of today the Mortality rate for the US is 0.00000036 for the Wuhan Virus. I personally think they should take as many sensible precautions as possible, but stop trying to scare people to death. I would not be surprised if more people were dying from heart attack due to the fear mongering than due to the Virus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my mind it is over reacting. Why is toilet paper and bread and now plastic trash bags are flying off the shelf.
Media is selling click links and making money off the hysteria they created (Wag the dog?)
Short sellers are making money driving stocks down by shorting stocks they don't own. Thanks GW Bush for ending the uptick rule in place since 1934.
Why are at least a couple of cities New Orleans being one threatening to block sales on guns and ammo. What does this have to do with the virus. Freedoms are eroding and the crossover line has moved. Just what the anti people want
Many more people will be financially hurt by this hysteria than the virus. UNLESS the government is lying

1 - 20 of 73 Posts