Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who do not know it is now possible to enable carplay on 2019 and 2020s without a headset, flash or whim. See in the youtube video below.

I have sold tons of these in the facebook groups and it has been very successful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just received mine and I can confirm my 2020 now has apple car play. No voice activation obviously, but only wanted car play for using google maps on my phone. I have no intention of answering phone calls or texts when I am riding, as that is my escape to begin with.

One quick question I hoped you might know the answer to... If I have to flash my system can a new flash cause this to be disabled? I added a tour pak to my Road Glide and ran a wiring harness for the rear speakers; but need to have my stock radio flashed to allow the fader to work for the rear speakers. I hope that the dealer cant somehow disable the car play if they see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received mine and I can confirm my 2020 now has apple car play. No voice activation obviously, but only wanted car play for using google maps on my phone. I have no intention of answering phone calls or texts when I am riding, as that is my escape to begin with.

One quick question I hoped you might know the answer to... If I have to flash my system can a new flash cause this to be disabled? I added a tour pak to my Road Glide and ran a wiring harness for the rear speakers; but need to have my stock radio flashed to allow the fader to work for the rear speakers. I hope that the dealer cant somehow disable the car play if they see it.
No that should not affect it. As long as they don't change the whim or CarPlay settings you should be fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts